Chapter 19

All the boys  and Iris are relaxing after a hard day of hunting. They're all listening to Iris answer their various questions about the place she comes from and old memories she has. She's sat on her knees and her hands motioning in every direction, grabbing the boys attention. The twins, Timmy and Tommy, are sat in at the front and watching her like she's the most admirable and interesting thing to ever be in front of them. They did come from the enchanted forest, so these magic devices that Iris calls 'phones' really does sound amazing to them.

Peter sits down beside Felix, who just side glances at him quickly before going back to listen to Iris.

"How is she?" he asks quietly.

"She's good, still flinches at the harder hits," he nods, still looking at Iris. "But she's getting better."

"Great, she needs to build up herself, I want you to train her a little," Peter smiles and Felix turns his head to him, furrowing his eyebrows.

"She's quite fragile and weak, Peter," Felix tells him. "It could take some time."

"I don't want her up to our level, of course. Just so she can survive with running around more and e able to defend herself when it's needed," he nods, one of his eyebrows naturally raising as he thinks.

"Of course I will, tomorrow?"

"Yes, I'll wake her up early," Peter says and Felix nods, looking back in the direction of Iris.

Peter thinks back to earlier, and how he snapped at Felix. It made him feel kind of... guilty, which isn't something Peter's ever really felt. But, Felix is his most loyal Lost Boy and he can't help but regret

"Look, Felix, about earlier-"

"No, it's okay Peter. I get it," Felix interrupts him.

Peter smiles and closes his mouth, nodding. He pats Felix on the shoulder, causing Felix to smile as well.

He notices that Iris is no longer answering the boys questions or telling stories, "Boys!" They all turn in his direction. "Why don't we have a party?"

They all cheer and jump to their feet as Peter grins at his followers - no, brothers. He pulls out his pipe after the boys finally get the fire roaring and their sticks to hit together for a beat. Then, he blows gently making a playful rhythm flow from the pipes and surround the camp.

Iris watched happily as the boys jump and prance around the fire, turning and letting the music consume them. James and Michael see her sat down and exchange a grinning look before making their way over.

"Come on!"

They pull her up by her arms, without listening to her protests and hold onto her wrists as they start again. She stumbles and trips over her own feet at first, but then, when she finally lets the music consume her too, she glides along.

Peter smiles to himself as he watches her. The way her hair flows and the way her body moves so elegantly, her eyes are filled with excitement and the smile on her face makes her look beautiful. He's proud in himself for bringing her to Neverland.

••••••

v quick update bc im going out in like ten minutes to get McDonald's with my bestie lol

IG: neverland.luke
Tumblr: autumns-rainyday