Chapter Ten

Ethan

I didn't feel the need to sleep in my room, tonight. So I just did my work. I held the urge to close my eyes but I can't. So, I rested my head on the desk and all I remembered was the sound of the clock ticking.

I woke up in the morning feeling dizzy. I stretched my body and yawned to get rid of the rest of my tiredness. I got up from the chair and walked to the office bathroom since Sophia might be using my bathroom.

I left the office to the kitchen when I smelled a yummy scent of my favorite breakfast meal. Pancakes with maple syrup. I ran downstairs like a pup who chased their new toys.

There, I saw Alicia making breakfast and as soon as she saw me, she smiled and called for me to come closer. My mom was standing beside her, pouring the maple syrup perfectly. As soon as she gave me my pancakes, I dug my pancakes and ate my breakfast hungrily.

"You're not changed yet, Ethan. Still the same pup who loves pancakes." Alicia said between her laughter.

"Alicia!" I heard someone shouted behind me happily. "I don't know you're here! When did you get here?" Lucy ran quickly to hug her.

"Hello, dear. Long time no see, yeah? I just got here yesterday. I met Ethan in a hotel." Alicia explained.

The first day Alicia's here, I didn't have time to tell everyone that Alicia's here, instead, I quickly got into Lucy's room and ordered her to check on the rogue underground and ordered her mate, or my beta, Jarred, to interview the rogue. So she might not see Alicia coming.

"Morning, Luce." My mom greeted her as I saw Jarred walked into the kitchen.

"Alicia." Jarred greeted her and hugged her just before Alicia got him a plate of pancakes.

"Morning, Jarred." Mom greeted him and he returned it.

"Ethan, call Sophia here. If she's not here in seconds, these delicious pancakes will be gone." My mom ordered me and I walked to my room lazily.

When I passed the door to the dungeon, I heard screams from there. I stopped but then I just left it there and continued my walk to call Sophia.

I opened my bedroom door and walked over to Sophia. Kissing one side of her cheek, I said,

"Hey, Soph. Breakfast ready. You don't want to miss it, right?" 

"I'm on a diet, babe. And I'm still sleepy. Just go. I don't want to eat." She stirred and smiled. I huffed and nodded, then walked back to the kitchen. 

"Luce, do you know where this girl named Autumn stay? I saw her grabbed here by Ethan but I haven't seen her since some members drag her somewhere. She may want some pancakes." I heard Alicia asked Lucy about a girl named Autumn.

Autumn. She's the rogue. My mate. Oh, nope, I just rejected her yesterday.

I walked to the dining table, pretend I didn't hear anything and just continued my breakfast. That's when everyone's eyes directed at me. I looked up and plastered a confused look on my face.

"What?" I asked innocently.

"Where's Sophia?" Mom asked.

"In diet." I answered shortly. "I want more pancakes." I said and just when I about to get another pancake, Alicia motioned it away from me, and said,

"No, no, no. It's for Autumn. The girl you grabbed here. Where is she? I told you to be nice to her, right? She's just a sweet young girl." Alicia asked. Before I could reply to it, Luce spoke up.

"She's underground. In the dungeon. Not to forget, she's a rogue, Alicia." She said in I don't know, it's just a strange tone.

"What?" Alicia questioned. "She's a sweet girl. I can tell she's not a threat." My mom shot me with her serious glare and asked,

"Did she do something wrong?"

"She's trespassing our territory, mom. But I can release her if she's not a threat. Jarred is the one who I gave the order to interview her. Ask him why she hasn't been out of the dungeon already." I said, nodded at Jarred. Motioned him to speak up.

"She's just here to search her mom who kidnapped by rogues. She's a rogue because she left her pack without telling the Alpha, I think." Jarred informed and I just nodded.

"Okay... So, she can be released then. And I think she needs to be sent to her former pack. I think Lucy told me she's sick or something last night." I pointed out. My mom nodded when I mentioned to release her and send her to her former pack.

"She's not sick. She's just about to die." Lucy said in a more strange tone.

"What?" Mom and Alicia both gasped and asked for an explanation.

"Ask him. She's in pain right now. Not to mention, he's the one who made her suffered in pain." Lucy said in an annoyed tone, pointed her index finger at me, just like what she did last night. She can't do that to her Alpha. Even she's my best friend or my beta female, she just can't do that.

"What did you do to her?" Alicia asked. Pain in her eyes. What the hell! I don't know about her in pain!

That day when I found out she's my mate, she's just fine. She's just a little weak for a She-Wolf. Not to mention, I can feel an Alpha blood in her. But she's 100% fine.

I just met her to reject her. Is that a wrong thing to do? Sophia is my love. We've been together for 6 years. The moon goddess didn't forbid werewolves to reject their first mate. I didn't even sleep with Sophia last night.

I remembered, as long as the other mate still want the mate bond, that wolf will be in pain if the rejecting mate cuddled with others. But I didn't do anything last night. It's not my fault.

'But still, you rejected her without knowing her first. That's not the right thing to do.' My wolf commented. I quickly blocked him off.

"You're done thinking? Can you answer Alicia's question?" Mom asked.

"Tell them, Ethan. I know what you're hiding. Jarred also know it." Lucy said along with Jarred who nodded. I shot him a 'what are you doing' look. I'm the Alpha!

"Who do you think you are! I'm the Alpha! This is a disrespectful action!" I yelled at the two of them.

"Oh! And you, the so-called Alpha was disrespecting our future lu--" Lucy's words cut off by my mom's shout.

"Quite!" She ordered with Luna's tone. Even she's no longer the Luna of the pack, she still has that kind of respectful tone.

"Ethan! I did not raise you with this behavior! What do you think there's a Beta if the Alpha can rule and control everything? Jarred is here to help you! Not to do whatever you ordered him!" Mom yelled and asserted every last word in her sentence. This is not the side of mom I want to meet.

I stayed quiet and looked to the ground in shame until mom, continued,

"Now tell me everything! What's going on here!"

---

1172 Words
7 July 2016
23.10

I'm sorry if there are so many errors in this chapter and some chapters before it. I wrote them in a hurry I'm so sorry..

I think I will make a schedule for my updates because the school will start so soon and I want my story to be good not to be messy caused by the rushed writing.

It's on Tuesday and Saturday. What do you think? I wish it's fine for all of you. And how is my story? It's nine chapters already and thanks to whoever comments here. It's so kind of you to write comments for me.

I wish more to comment or vote!

Oh yeah! Happy eid to every Muslim here! Have a great day everyone❤️

Sherine