Short Story - When The Pup's Older

"You like it, Mom?" I asked her. She smiles and nodded. I can sense that she's still sad but she's happy now.

The world is changing. I am now 26 years old and i haven't feel anything like normal for the past 18 years of my life. The life i had when i was a kid is so different than what it is now. I got the Alpha title the day after my dad's accident that cost him his life when i was 8. That gave me trauma and i will never forget that it wasn't an accident.

Everyone told me that i must me imagining something from movies i watched with my dad as a kid when i told them that Dad was killed. It was not an accident when someone in purple long coat stabbed his chest with some kind of stick but i know that it wasn't just a normal stick. it glows purle as if there's a purple fire all around the stick. my dad who was just patroling around the house looking for an abnormal scent killed right there, 10 feet in front of me.

I was scared. I wanted to scream and reached for him but i can't. my body froze and i can't move.

When the person left, it felt like my body unfroze and i just realized what was happening so i linked my mom and asked her to hurry and bring Jarred.

What i saw that day was a nightmare. I saw him got stabbed! I saw it with my own eyes! But dad was dead with head injury because there's a huge trunk that the guardians concluded that it hit him.

My mom crying and screaming in agony. I told everyone what i saw but no one believed me. Not even my mom. She told me it must be hard for me and i should go check up with Lily. I was so young back then. I didn't know what she meant by that so i just went to Lily and she asked a lot of things to me and told me that everything will be okay.

As I remember it now, I really want to tell her that none of this is okay. My childhood was over that day. Smiles were used for making allies only. I never feel happiness ever again. That applies to my mom, Jared, Lily and their kids. I never leave the forest and human are not allowed to go in the forest. I never meet a single human in my life. All i know is this world is so small and only for werewolves. I meet aunt Sam and uncle Luke weekly and they usually bring my cousins around which one of them is my bestfriend, but as you can imagine, my life is dull. When i play with them, i only smile so they don't feel bad. When we're older, they understand it, yet still trying to make me laugh which always turns to failure and well, killing the mood.

People starting to be afraid of me. I've been an alpha since i was 8 and i always did the perfect work every day. When i get angry, everyone, as in every werewolf, no matter if they're another Alpha or even my mom's siblings, they will be shaking. They all scared of me. Even sometimes i felt like my mom was distancing herself from me when i'm angry.

She was a perfect mom when i was a kid. Everything change after the day dad died. Dad was the best Alpha in the country. He was wise and kind yet resolute when speaking. Everyone adored him and Werewolves world never been that peaceful. Rogues were handled well and they all respected him.

I crushed that peaceful world tho.

I told everyone to believe me that Dad killed and demanded everyone to search on the killer. but there are no trace about that person and everyone started calling me mentally ill.

The Alpha is still me, but i have nothing to do with the pack and any meetings with other Alpha until i get "better", So instead, i planned on going around the country to find the killer by myself.

I took my mom to her favorite beach before i go and she still using that forced smiles. After i took him back to the pack house, i get on my dad's old jeep and start driving anywhere but the forest because if no one can trace the killer in the forest then i'll look around anywhere but the forest.

I remember my parents have a human friend called Alicia and i looked up her address on my phone and started following the GPS.

I mean, i have to start somewhere, right?
___________________________

797 Words
09 July 2020

Hi everyone!!! i just wanna make a short story about Authum's and Ethan's "special" pup and this will probably goes about 5-7 chapters long because i'm in a summer break and finally have time to write but don't have too many imagination to make more than that😂

anyway, do you like it? do you feel excited? lemme know!

love ya!
Sherine