Chapter 9 - The Fiery Headlines

The Fiery Headlines

"And today's headline comes all the way from London where we have Brianna Jones reporting live, on what seems to be a harrowing drama involving the coveted boys from One Direction, a shooting and a grizzly suicide."

The screen transitions to a tall blonde in a pink blazer and curls that cascade down her shoulders. She stands with one finger pressed to her ear and the other hand holding a slim umbrella.

She smiles and nods to the camera. "Thank you Nadia," she nods. "We're here at the Royal Wales hospital and behind me as you can see is a plethora of fans who have been sitting for hours now, holding what seems to be a vigil for the band members inside."

Nadia, the red headed newsreader nods and shuffles papers in her hands. "Can you tell us what has actually happened tonight?"

"Well Nadia it seems to be the mystery of the millennium. What started as a seemingly innocent celebration for the young Irish member, Niall Horan's birthday at the Gala Nightclub has inevitably turned sour. The details are still unclear as we lay in waiting for management to speak out.

"What we do know is this, in the early hours of the morning photos emerged of the youngest member Harry Styles being wheeled out of the club and into an ambulance. He was covered in blood and hiding his face but fans report hearing screaming from the rooftop as he was taken away.

"Harry and his team have not spoken out but the blood covering his face and suit were enough to send a wave of panic through this dedicated fandom. He was tightly cuffed to the gurney and surrounded by security but photos snapped by both paparazzi and fans show the state of distress he was in as he sobbed inconsolably into his hands."

She shifts on her feet and continues, "The body of Dakota Fox has been strewn all over the internet, it is still unclear whether the Police have ruled her death as a suicide but report speak of a gun laying near her body. Dakota Fox has been in the limelight ever since she stepped out publicly as Harry's girlfriend and all has seemed well with the young couple as their love blossomed.

"But, in a cruel twist of fate she is now dead and the boys have not been spotted. She was found at roughly two a.m by innocent passers by who heard a loud bang and car alarms going off. Her body lay on the roof of a silver car and she was unable to be revived at the scene..."

The camera shifts over the crowd of fans and media before showing Nadia, she nods with a serious expression on her face.

"It's very sad, very sad indeed. Has there been any sign of the other members at the hospital tonight?"

Brianna listens intently and there is a short lag before she shakes her head. "No, there have been no signs. A Taxi pulled up at around four a.m this morning but it is still uncertain who was in it as security ushered it around the back entrance of the building.

"Reports indicate there was an unidentified, blonde male bleeding from his shoulder and quite distressed seen fleeing the club moments after the discovery of Dakotas body."

She pauses m, looking off camera, "police have refused to speak out only hinting that this was a personal act of violence, potentially someone close to the band members. Fans and police are reaching out for any information but with little security on the rooftop it still remains a mystery as to what actually happened tonight."

She breathes deeply as she visibly shudders in the icy wind, "although we are yet to have confirmation on the well being of the boys nurses have reported that Liam Payne, another well loved member was brought in an ambulance from the police station."

"So you're saying Harry wasn't the only on injured on the rooftop?" Nadia asks.

Brianna shakes her head, "as I said there have been no official statements made but Liam was escorted in handcuffs along with Louis and Niall, also handcuffed to the station. Zayn Malik was not cuffed but he too was taken in a separate police car," Brianna says.