Chapter 37 - It hurts but I won't fight you

It hurts but I won’t fight you 

“I pushed her,” Harry’s voice was strong and steady, his words left Blake almost doubling over in pain as he tried to comprehend what Harry had just uttered. He knew in his mind it wasn’t possible, he saw Dakota jump off that building but the alcohol and drugs were so ingrained in his system that night and every night since, it had become a distorted blur. 

Blake took a step back, Daisy’s eyes were wide as she watched him she raised an eyebrow and Louis shook in the chair. He had been fighting them for over an hour, every chance possible he spat or kicked. To the point where they had tied him so tightly to the chair the duct tape, so thick it would probably bruise his skin. He looked thin, tired and his skin was so pale Blake wondered if he was perhaps seeing a ghost. All the photo’s of Louis plastered over the media, posters, cd’s made him look flawless and full of life. The boy sitting in front of him tied to the chair was pale, fragile and covered in bruises. Blake’s stomach turned and he was breathing heavily. 

“You heard me,” Harry hissed. “I,” he inhaled deeply and Blake’s hands shook almost rendering him incapable of holding the phone to his ear. “Pushed,” Harry spat the word like venom. “Her.”

“No.” Blake shook his head, refusing to believe it yet the words had been spoken, filled with so much hate that Blake nearly subsided into a shivering, crying mess. 

Harry laughed. “So deal with me yourself. Let Louis go, don’t you want to punish me? After all I’m the one that callously shoved her off the building and watched her slam into the car below.”

“Stop it!” Blake warned him, his tone menacing and his eyes wide, angry.

“I saw her head splatter all over the pavement,” Harry continued without delay and Blake blinked back angry tears. Harry’s voice sounded unsure, it shook and Blake tried to fight the hurt and anguish that washed over him in cascading ripples.

“You’ll pay for this,” he whispered viscously.

Blake could hear shouting in the background and he hung up the phone in a fit of anger, Daisy stood up walking away from Louis in his bonds and raised her hands. “What?” she hissed, it startled Blake how much she looked and sounded like Dakota. He blinked taking in Daisy as she stood frowning and her hands sat on her sides, she tapped her foot. Her long brown hair fell across her face and it was almost too much for him to bear. “What did he say?” she repeated the question and snapped Blake from his thoughts. 

Blake stayed silent as he looked around the dank room, the fluorescent lights flickered above them and on the far wall an abandoned chalk board stood dusty and unused. The entire place was a mess, water dripped down the walls where cracks had appeared, leaving trails of mould and rust. Chairs, rows and rows of chairs filled the empty rooms, some were laboratories and others classrooms. Blake liked this room, it was the dissection room… used to be. Daisy, mid chase with police suggested the abandoned science portion of her university. It was perfect, empty and no one would dare come near it. Just how Blake liked it. They abandoned the car several streets away and took the rest on foot, it was a weekend so no one would be around and if they were, it was to study at the library. They knocked Louis out and held him between them, some passers by laughed shouting out ‘big night’ and so forth, amused with what appeared to be a drunk teenager. Little did they know it was Louis Tomlinson, member of One Direction and heartthrob to thousands of girls across the globe. Daisy shattered a back window and they shoved Louis through, when he roused he tried to fight them but Blake just hit back. Louis had, however landed a few blows to Blake’s face which didn’t end well. Daisy was a studying for her masters in medicine and neuroscience, she, unlike Dakota was brilliant and driven. That’s why Blake called her in, not only was she a genius but she wanted revenge for her sisters death almost, if not more then he did.