Chapter 33 - Ghosts and Stuff

Ghosts and Stuff

On the way to the car Harry snatched the keys off their driver and the moment he slammed the door shut he quickly locked it. It didn't make sense to lock the car, but he just needed a moment of... Well, clarity. The world was spinning and the windows were tinted so he felt safe enough to cry in peace. The tears surprisingly flooded down his face as he sobbed heavily into his hands, his breathing was right an ragged. The questions loomed over him like a heavy cloud and Harry tried to silence the screaming in his head. Truth be told he just wanted it all to stop! Stop so he could catch his breath. Stop so the bright spots in his vision could fade. Stop so he could process the finality of Dakota's death. Stop so he could process the fact that Louis, his hard rock in this insanity, was going to leave.

There was a heavy rapping on the window, Harry didn't look up because he couldn't be bothered deciphering whether it be friend or foe, manager or paparazzi. Harry took in long breaths trying to settle his nerves. He groaned thinking of the publicity. He could see the headlines now.

Harry Styles breaks down at an emotional farewell to beloved girlfriend.

Harry Styles loses it at Funeral.

Harry Styles, renowned playboy shows a softer side.

Rolling his eyes he looked up to see Rachel snarling at Paparrazi as security tried to pull them off. Porter hissing at their driver for not being quick enough to catch the sobbing singer and Liam pounding on the window with a shadow of worry across his face.

Guiltily he held the keys tightly in his year stained palm and ignored them. When he turned, to his surprise he wasn't totally alone in the car.

But... How could this be real?

Sitting next to him in a floral blue dress with a wilted smile and tousled hair was... Dakota.