Chapter 1

"Yubin! Oy!"

I felt a heavy tap on my back which made me come to my senses. The glass of juice that i was holding spilled on the floor. Aish!

"Ya!! Why did you do that?!" I asked, shouting at my not-so-merciful best friend, Kangsoon.

"You're not listening to me! You were just staring at the tv and what? You're drooling! Ew. How else would i get your attention? Huh?" She said as she crossed her arms and raised one of her eye brows.

She seem so angry.

"I'm not drooling! Dont exaggerate. I got it. It's my fault." I pouted as a sign of contradicting my statement.

She scoffed.

"Why are you so obsessed with that guy?" She asked.

"I'm not obsessed with him!" I yelled. I looked around and it seemed like i made a big fuss with all those stares piercing through me.

The restaurant seemed a little busy and i think i got their attention. I bowed my head a few times as a sign of apologizing due to my attitude.

"Ya, you didn't have to shout!" Kangsoon whispered.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry. FYI, i'm not obsessed with him. It's just that, he looks so cool." I said as i flashed a smile.

"Liar." She muttered.

"Ya! Do i look like one?"

"Ne."

Waaah. Really. How did i even become best friends with her?

"Harsh." I said.

"Hurry up and eat. We still have our exams tomorrow." She reminded me of an unpleasant thing.

"Ne. You didn't have to remind me." I said as i smirked at her.

"Now hurry and study! Summer is approaching and you wouldn't like hanging around school at that time, right?"

"Ne. Never."

"Good. We'll take a summer job, okay?" She said.

"Arasseo."

Doing summer jobs had became our habit since our senior year in high school. It's not like we needed the money, but we needed experiences. At the same time, we enjoy working.

We finished our meal and headed home. We live just a few blocks away from each other. She lives with her parents while i live with my older brother.

My parents are both working at Daegu. My father is a cop and my mother is a lawyer. We were originally from Gwangju but my parents moved because my father was assigned to Daegu. Meanwhile, my brother works as a manager at an entertainment agency which he wouldn't tell me and i am currently studying at a university.

"I'm home."

"Oh you're home? Have you eaten dinner?" Woobin oppa asked.

"Ne. I ate with Kangsoon."

"I see. I won't be home for three days. I'll be busy."

"Ne, ne. I can take care of myself."

"I'll call you, okay?"

"Okay. I'll go rest now. Goodnight." I said.

"Arasseo. Goodnight."

I directly went to my room. My brother stayed out most of the time because of his work so i often live by myself. I really wonder which company he's working at and why wouldn't he tell me about it.

One time i searched his room secretly to find out any clues about his work but he was too wise. I couldn't find a single information about it. I begged him many times to tell me but i ended up giving up. He has been working at that company for three years now.

I laid down my bed and stared at my ceiling. Random thoughts came to me and i started to remember the guy who became my inspiration.

Lee Taeyong.