Chapter 4

"Number 018. Im Yubin-ssi." A staff called for me. It's my turn to be interviewed.

"Im Yubin-ssi. 21 years old. Currently a college student." One of the three interviewees said. "So what made you become Taeyong's fan?"

"I know it may sound as a lie but i knew him two years ago."

"Two years ago?" The panelist seemed surprised. "Okay go on."

"Ye. I accidentally saw him helping a bunch of beggars just outside the English academy that i was attending. Despite his ragged look, i was charmed of his kindness towards the needy." I then realized that i was smiling too much. Ohgod. "I-I apologize. I was just reminiscing the.. the past."

The panelists laughed.

"It's okay. So you dont know anything about him aside from his face and his kindness, then?"

"Ye. I actually waited for him at that same place everyday but i was unlucky until i saw him in a show. It was then i figured out his name."

"I see. Say in your first day, if you happen to see Taeyong doing something bad, would you tolerate it or will you oppose him despite losing your opportunity before the contract finishes?"

Why would i lose the opportunity?

"If something like that happens, it depends on how grave it is. I wont mind tolerating, but also, i would like to tell him what's right. I came to get to know him. I wont throw this opportunity away just because i did what i think is right. I will make him do what's right." I said firmly and full of resolve. I was so nervous.

"Okay. Thank you for your time."

"Is that it?"

"Ne. Thank you."

"Ah ye. Thank you." I said then i went out of the room.

Did i pass? Ohgosh. I wish i did.

I took a deep breath and let out a big sigh. I used the elevator and when the door was about to close, a foot stopped it from closing. I was surprised and when i looked who it was, i was more surprised.

Taeyong?

He seemed different. But why?

"A-Annyeong Haseyo." I greeted. He didn't even look at me. Wtf?!

The elevator door closed. He's also going to the ground floor. He was wearing a hoodie, and his hands are inside its pockets.

It was so awfully quiet.

When we reached ground floor, he went out first. What was that? If he knew i'm his fan, would he still treat me like that?

No no no no. Maybe he was just in bad mood. It's wrong to judge someone just based on a single thing. I know he's a kind person. I gave myself a positive thought and left the company.

--

I have waited for two days now but no one is contacting me.

"Ya, you have been staring at your phone all day." Kangsoon said. We are currently eating at our school's cafeteria.

"I'm waiting." I said.

Kangsoon sighed.

"Don't have high hopes. You'll just get disappointed." She said.

I simpered at her.

"Just eat your food." I said.

"Ya, are you done eating?" She asked.

"Ne."

"Let's go."

When we were about to go when my phone suddenly rang. I immediately pressed the answer button.

"Yo-Yoboseyo?!"

"Ye. Is this Im Yubin-ssi?"

"Ne."

"We're from SM Entertainment and we would like to inform you that you have been qualified to the top 5 candidates. Congratulations!"

"Yeeees!!!" I shouted. The people in the cafeteria stared at me. But it's nothing. I am overjoyed.

"Ya!!! Will you please quiet down?" Kangsoon tried to cover her face from embarassment.

"I'm sorry." I said to Kangsoon. I then went back to talking at my phone. "Ye, ye. Thank you so much."

"Please come to the company on Friday."

"Ne. Thank you. Thank you."

Ohgod. This is it!