Chapter 17

"Yubin, wake up. We'll go back to the hospital." I heard eomma as she tapped my leg.

I slowly opened my eyes and reached out for my phone on the bedside table.

It's almost 10 in the morning.

I got out of my bed and went to the kitchen. I poured myself a cup of coffee.

"You're drinking coffee?" Eomma asked.

"Eo."

"Since when?"

"Since.. I went to study college? Every time we had tests, i had to study overnight. I got used in drinking coffee."

"But dont drink too much. It can affect your nervous system."

"Ne, eomma."

"After you eat breakfast, get ready and we'll leave."

"Ne, arasseo."

Eomma had prepared toasted breads, eggs, and bacons. We always had a western kind of breakfast since eomma used to live in the states until she graduated high school.

Appa and eomma met when a victim hired eomma as their lawyer and appa was the assigned officer at the case. They used to hate each other but they ended up marrying each other. They got married after appa got his second promotion. A year after that,my brother was born. Oppa is five years older than me. Quite a big gap but he always look after me.

Eomma and I headed back to the hospital and exchanged with oppa. We had him rest at home.

"I'll go get some water." Eomma said.

Appa was transferred to a regular patient room. His vitals became more stable and the doctor said he is now out of danger.

I sat beside appa and looked at him. I feel at ease now that he's finally getting better. We'll just have to wait until he wakes up. I caressed his hand and held it.

"Appa, you have to wake up soon. Okay? Eomma, oppa and I are so worried. Eomma cried a lot too. Oppa and I missed you. We rushed back here when we heard what happened to you. But thank God, you're out of danger now. I just wish to see you wake up soon." i kissed his forehead and when i was about to let go of his hand, i felt a weak grip from his hand.

"Appa?"

His pupils were moving and he slowly opened his eyes. He looked around him until his eyes had set on me.

"A-Appa!" I immediately pressed the button to ring the bell for the nurses at the station.

Then nurses rushed in with a doctor. They then examined appa.

"What happened?" Eomma went back with a bottled water.

"Appa.. He.. he woke up, eomma!" I said.

"Really?!" She then went near dad.

"Wooshik! Wooshik-ah! It's.. It's me. Yujoo." She said as she held appa's hand.

"Doc, how's my husband?"

"The patient is perfectly fine. His vitals are stable and his operated wound doesn't have any problems so rest assured that he'll be better soon. Also, refrain from giving him heavy meals for the mean time and give him lots of water. I will prescribe him with necessary meds."

"Ye, we will do that. Thank you so much doc." Eomma said.

"Kurom.." The doctors and nurses then left the room.

I went nearer to appa.

"Yeobo, do you need something? Are you hungry? Or would you like to drink some water? Yubin, take a glass-" Appa held eomma's hand.

"I'm fine. I'm so happy to see you again." Appa said.

"Me too." Eomma cried.

"I'm sorry for worrying you. Yubin, dont you have school?" He said.

"I have. But you're more important right now."

"I'm alright now. You can go back and go to school. Your mom can take care of me here. Tell your brother."

"But appa-"

"Yubin, just do what your appa tells you. Thank you for coming all the way here. You can come visit again when you dont have classes." Eomma said.

"Arasseo." I said.

I stayed for a few hours and spent time with them before i left. I went home and told oppa what happened. I had to go back first since oppa will be staying until tomorrow morning.

While i was on my way back to Seoul, I realized i haven't contacted taeyong and the others yet.

What will happen to me now?