Chapter 19

Taeyong Pov

Before i could stop her, she had already left the room. I.. I said something bad at her. I knew i was harsh but i still.. said it.

I tried to run after her but i lost her. I dont know where she had run off to. I just wish she went home.

I sometimes hate myself for being so selfish. I onlt think of myself and neglect how others feel. I didn't mean those words earlier. I just hate how she left so suddenly. I hate people who leaves like that.

My father left us; my mother, my younger sister, and I. He had another family. After he left, my mom suffered from depression and she eventually took her life, leaving my sister and I.

I had to work hard to feed my sister. I was just a high school student then. My sister, who was in 1st grade, had to stopped studying too. I joined various gangs, followed orders and committed hideous things. I was then called a rascal by the people in my neighborhood.

I became the bad guy.

Until two years ago, my sister suffered from an illness which took her life. Hospitals delayed her medications for not having enough money so i worked my ass off to find enough amount to pay for her bills. And when i finally had the money, i was too late.

I arrived at her room, stood beside the hospital bed, and saw her lifeless body covered in a white cloth.

"I'm so sorry. She didn't make it. Her time of death is 5:16pm." The doctor said to me.

"F-Five pm? You mean, she died three hours ago and nobody contacted me?!" I yelled. Everyone in the room was just folded in silence.

I turned to my sister, pulled the cloth down and held her hands. It was cold. I didn't stop myself. I cried my heart out. I blamed myself so much. I was so incompetent as a brother. I tried to ask help from my father but he just turned a blind eye towards us. I hate them. I hate them for leaving us. My mom, she didn't even think about us. She only cared about her pain and didn't think of the pain we also felt.

My sister died and i couldn't bring her back.

Thay was then, when Lee-sasangnim found me in the streets and promised me a good life. I started to change. I had friends, but i had that one true friend. It was jaehyun. I also met a girl whom i thought has genuine feelings for me. But they both left.

Still, i ended up being alone. And just when i thought i met someone who would stay by my side always, considering she's my fan, she dissppeared without a clue. Although i always argue with her, i never said i hated her.

"Ya, what are you doing here?" Jaehyun came to me. I was standing outside the building.

"I'm a jerk."

"I know that. So what's the problem?"

"I hurt her."

"Who? That RM of yours?"

"Eo."

"I thought you didn't care about her."

"I thought so too. If only you-"

"I what?"

"If only you didn't betray me, i wouldn't find comfort from anyone. Aish." I said and then left him.

I tried calling Yubin but she isn't picking up. I should apologize. I need to hear her explanation. I got carried away by my temper.

All i can do now is sigh.

I went back inside and as i pass by a slightly opened studio, i heard someone sobbing. The lights were off so i couldn't see a single thing. Is it Yubin?

I sneaked in and looked for the light's switch.

I tapped the wall and as i walked, i found the switch but i suddenly stumbled on something and fell on the floor. Good thing, i had turned the lights on before i fell.

As i slowly got up, i saw Yubin beside me, caressing her foot.

"A-Are you alright?" I asked.

She didn't answer. Her eyes are swollen. Guess she cried a lot. I went near her but she pulled back.

"D-Does it hurt a lot?" I looked at her worriedly. "I'm sorry. I didn't know you were under the switch." I said.

She wiped her tears using the back of her hand.

I felt nothing but regret as i look at her.