Chapter 28

Yubin pov

I was guided out of the venue and was brought to a less crowded area and was examined by the medical volunteers. I wasn't expecting that Taeyong would do that.

"We'll examine your foot, okay?" One of the volunteers asked.

"Please do so." I said.

They took the bandage off of my foot and examined if there are other contractions when I fell earlier. After a few minutes of examining my foot, they returned the bandage back and assisted me to a wheel chair.

"Just sit in here until you leave the mall." They instructed. "We'll leave you with one of our volunteers and he'll help you wherever you go within the mall."

"I can handle myself. I can use this alone." I said.

"Uhm.. About that.."

"Yes?"

"Taeyong-ssi said that we should not leave you alone. He clearly instructed us."

"He did?"

"Ne. While you were being carried here, he called out one of my colleagues and told him to not leave you alone."

He didn't have to do that. I'm not someone who needs this kind of attention. I suddenly felt embarassed to the volunteers.

"Arasseo. Thank you." I said. I figured I didn't have to argue. "Can we go back to the event?" I asked.

"Sure. But let's stay far from the crowd." The guy left with me said.

He pushed my wheel chair until we reached the event again. Taeyong and Jaehyun were getting along well in the stage. The fans were enjoying and they kept on cheering for them.

"Agassi, you look like a student but you're working for Taeyong-ssi, right?" The guy asked.

"I do?" I chuckled. "Well, honestly speaking I'm a student. I'm just working part time."

"Wow. Didn't know entertainment agencies accept part timers."

"I just one a contest for Taeyong's fans. I just so happen to win it."

"Really? That's cool. It's pretty rare for entertainment agencies to hold such events. You're lucky."

"I really am." I smiled as I looked at Taeyong up on stage. Even though we didn't start with a good impression, I still feel that deep inside him, he's a pretty good guy.

Jaehyun pov

The event ended well.

"Thank you for coming." I said to Taeyong as we stood backstage, wiping the sweat off of our faces.

"I didn't have much of a choice." He replied.

"You looked different when you saved her." I said.

"What do you mean?"

"Never saw you that worried before. Even with-" I stopped. I almost said something irrelevant and awkward.

"She's my manager and she's injured. She's my responsibility since I made her come here."

"Kuraeyo?" I'm just teasing him.

"Anyway, on my concert tour, sajangnim said you're one of my guests. Did he inform you?"

"Ah that one. Yes he did. I'm excited to work with you again."

"Me too." He smiled. Finally, we're slowly regaining our friendship. I really wanted to make it up to him. "I should go first. I have to check on Yubin."

"Eh? Okay. Arasseo." I smiled. There really is something between them. Taeyong is somewhat looking different. He's slowly changing.

Taeyong pov

After talking to Jaehyun, I immediately called Yubin.

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm here at the van. Mian. I can't escort you from there."

"Good thinking. You shouldn't. I'll be there any minute from now to see if you're really okay." I then hung up and wore my hoodie and face mask.

I sneaked behind the stage, camouflaging with the other staffs. I carried a box and walked with them.

"Ya, did you see that girl earlier? The one Taeyong saved." One of the guys I was walking with asked the guy beside him.

"Ne. Is she a fan? She's pretty."

"I know right? She's totally my type."

"Me too. Her body is nice too." They laughed. How dare them!

"Ya, the two of you. I heard she's working for him." Another guy said.

"That girl? She looked young."

"I don't really know the details but she is a temporary staff for SM."

"I see. I'll go find out about her."

These guys! Just what are they talking about? How dare them talk about Yubin like that.

When I reached the exit for the parking lot, I immediately dumped the box I was carrying to the guy who started the conversation. He lost balance and he almost fell down. He glared at me.

I ignored him and ran out. I looked for the van and boarded as soon as I opened the door.

"Oh you're here? You're fast." Yubin said, looking surprised.

"Ne. How are you feeling?" I asked. I took the mask off and my hoodie.

"I'm fine. Thank you for earlier." She smiled a little bit.

"Nothing to be thankful for." I said.

"Where are the others?" She asked.

"I went back first. I don't know about them."

She suddenly chuckled. I don't know why so I just glared at her.

"Is something funny?" I asked.

"No. Nothing. It's just that you went back here immediately just to ask if I'm fine." She covered her mouth and continued giggling. I remembered the guys earlier. How impudent of them to talk about Yubin like that.

Yubin pov

I really found him funny. Behind that cold face he's showing me, deep inside, he really worries about the people around him.

"Yubin-ah," I slowly put my hand down and looked at him. He suddenly looked serious.

"Ne?"

"Do you like me?"

"EEEEEHHHH??!" I exclaimed loudly. What the heck is he suddenly talking about? He's on his right mind, isn't he? "You're not drunk, are you?" I asked.

"Smell me." He suddenly leaned on me, his face just a few inches away from mine. My reflexes were fast which made my head pull back a little.

"I-It's okay. You're n-not drunk. I know." I said. He just looked at me straight in my eyes. What is happening to him?!

"So do you like me?" He asked again. I'm so shook that I really dont know what to say.

"Hah!" I exclaimed. "You're a celebrity and I'm just a fan. H-How could I? I mean, yeah, i like you as a fan. Ha ha." I said it! I sounded so stupid.

"Arasseo." He quickly sat back up and averted his gaze. He grabbed his headphones and laid back on his seat.

What did just happen?