Chapter 38

We enjoyed our last two days in Japan after Taeyong's concert before coming back to South Korea. We tend to sneak out of the hotel and go on dates.

I still can't believe that we're dating.

We held hands while we walked on the streets, although he really kept his face hidden as much as he can. He wore a mask and a cap and I understand that part since I also think that it will be bothersome to get feasted by the media.

I'm not a celebrity and I don't intend to be one.

When we got back to Korea, I was immediately summoned to the company.

"Yubin-ssi, you know that your contract is about to end, right?" Lee sajangnim's secretary said. I was still carrying my luggages.

"Ne, today is my last day." I said.

"Does Taeyong know that your contract ends today?"

"I'm afraid not." I said.

"You don't have to report the whole day. You can go home straight and rest. We will deposit your salary for the whole month on your account just as we stated in the contract. Thank you for all you have done for the company, most especially for Taeyong." She said.

"Well, I didn't do much. Thank you too. I have to go." I said.

After I left the company, I can't help but feel sad. This is really the end.

"Yubin-ssi, it was nice working with you. See you around!" Some of the staffs passed by me.

"Good luck on your studies!" They cheered me on. I was glad to work with them too.

As I stood in front of the building, Taeyong suddenly stopped in front of me with his car. He got out and he quietly took my luggages from me and placed them in the trunk of his car.

"Tae-"

Without a word, he held my hand and led me to the front seat. He opened the car door for me and made me get in.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Aren't you hungry?" He asked as he smiled.

I chuckled.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing. You seemed so serious so I thought something happened." I said.

He smiled.

I sighed. He is so handsome, for chrissake.

While he was driving, he held my hand with his right and the other on the steering wheel.

He kept on looking at me.

"Ya, look straight ahead." I chuckled.

"How can I when there's a beautiful woman beside me?" He smiled.

My heart, calm down.

"Maybe I should just cover my face so you could concentrate." I said.

"It doesn't matter. Your face is already engraved in my mind." He said as I looked at him. "And my heart."

Gosh, Taeyong!

He is slowly killing me!!

I can feel my face get hot. I am so done. I cannot handle this.

"We're here." He said as he pulled off in a familiar place. It was the place where we ate before when he carried me upstairs.

I was taking my seatbelt off when he got out of his car and opened the door for me. So gentleman.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome my princess." He said.

I felt a pinch in my heart. Arrghh! I am so fragile. I get happy easily. Damn.

He then opened the door of the restaurant and had me walk in first.

"Welcome!" The same ahjumma greeted us

"Ahjumma!" Taeyong exclaimed happily.

"Taeyong-ah!" She looked so happy. "And agashi! Welcome back!" She said.

"Ne, ahjumma. How have you been?" I asked. Ahjumma gave Taeyong

"I'm perfectly fine. Would you like to go upstairs again?" She asked.

"Aniyo. We will be eating here downstairs." Taeyong said.

"I see. Go find yourselves a table. I'll serve you the food like the last time." She said. Taeyong then led me to a table by the wall.

"Did you suddenly crave for ahjumma's food?" I asked.

"Ne. And I figured you're hungry too." He said. I placed my hand in the table and he reached for it.

"This is your last day as my road manager, right?" He asked.

"How did you know?"

"Well, I figured as much when you went out of the building. Your face says it all."

I see. I'm amazed that he found out by just that.

"Isn't it nice? You can now focus on your studies." He said.

"I suppose so." I smiled. But deep inside, I'm thinking if how will it be for us. He will be busy in his work, while I study. I have to find a part time job too. I can't just stay dependent on my brother.

"Here is your food." Ahjumma arrived with our food. Just from its smell, my stomach started to grumble. It looks delicious.

"Kamsahamnida ahjumma." We both said.

"Enjoy your meal." She said with a smile.

The food was so delicious. No wonder Taeyong kept on coming back to this place. I'm starting to love the food too, and ahjumma.

She is like a mother to Taeyong.

"Ahjumma, thank you for the food." Taeyong said as he paid in the counter.

"We enjoyed it." I added.

"Kurae, I'm glad that you came back here. I wish to see more of you in the future." Ahjumma gave us a very big smile. She look so happy just by seeing Taeyong. I can see that she really cares about him, and I'm glad that Taeyong never forgot about her.

That part of him is amazing too.

We went out of the restaurant and walked back towards his car.

"Aren't you Lee Taeyong?!" I big-voiced guy shouted. When we turned around, we saw a gang of guys who look like a mafia.

Oh god.

Taeyong sighed.

"Get behind me." He said as he slowly shoved me behind him.

"You're Lee Taeyong, aren't you?!" He repeated. He was chewing on something and the guys behind him have cigarettes in their mouth and other have bats on them.

I suddenly got scared. I gripped Taeyong's shirt by his sleeves.

"Yubin, get in the car and lock the doors." He said.

"No, I'm not leaving you here." I persisted.

"You can't do anything here. I will be fine so go." He turned and looked at me as he smiled.

This is so not right.

I don't know those guys but they look like they're up to no good.

What the heck do they plan to do in this broad daylight?

"Be careful." I said. He nodded his head and I ran back to the car.

I locked the doors as what he told me to do.

Should I get help? Should I call 911?