Chapter 23

I looked around and the place seemed cool although it looks like an unused room, it was very peaceful. It's as large as an average bed room without any furnitures in it. Only a big chandelier was there and a huge cabinet.

"How did you find this place?" I asked.

"I used to live here." He replied.

"Jinjaro?!"

"Ne. When I first got here in this city, the ahjumma down stairs took me in and treated me like his own child for.months."

For real?!

"So why did you move out?"

"I got involved into some bad people and I had to keep her safe from them."

Is he really telling me all this?

"What do you mean bad people?"

He then shot me with that sharp look.

"Are you acting close with me?" He said.

I smirked.

"But you were answering my questions. You just can choose not to answer them if you dont want to." I said.

"Then dont ask anymore. So annoying."

I just didnt utter another word after that. So mean. Hmp!

While we were waiting for the food, silence lingered between us. I took out my phone and pretended to scan some messages, where in fact nobody's even texting me aside from my mom, and Kangsoon.

He was also sitting in front of me, looking through his phone. I kept on glancing at him and I remembered what happened earlier when he carried me. I stared at his jawline and I pictured out the sweat dripping as we went up.

I gulped.

I suddenly realized how crazy I am to think about those kind of things. I tried to shove off those thoughts and shook my head strongly.

He must have realized it and he looked at me.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Ye?" I looked at him, puzzled.

"Are you hurt or something? Is your foot-"

"No, I'm prefectly fine. Dont worry."

"Kurae?"

He gave me that 'oh-okay-then-it's-fine' look before he went back into scanning his phone. What was that?

We waited until the food arrived. The ahjumma earlier served our food.

"Waaah, they all look delicious." I said, not taking my eyes off of the food she's serving.

She chuckled before she spoke.

"Taeyong said the same thing when he first came here." I slowly looked at Taeyong, he was looking at me and he immediately diverted his look to the food.

"Enjoy your meal!" Ahjumma said before she left.

I happily took the chopsticks and ate the kimchi. Waaah! Just expected. I really love kimchi. I then took the spoon and had a spoonful of the soup.

"Kya~!" I squealed a bit. The soup was so tasty!

Before i realized it, taeyong was not eating yet. He was just staring at me. I suddenly got conscious so I stopped eating.

"W-What?" I asked.

"You really eat a lot, dont you?" He said.

I suddenly got embarassed. For a moment there, i totally forgot i was with him when i tasted the food.

He chuckled before he started eating. I didn't say anything back because i was so embarassed. I continued eating too, but this time, i was more gracious. I'm still with a guy after all.

In the middle of our joyous meal, my phone suddenly rang.

"Yoboseyo?"

"Where are you?"

"Oppa? I'm eating right now."

"Call me back when you're done."

"O-Eo. Arasseo."

The call ended. What could it be this time? I hope it's nothing serious.

"Your brother?" Taeyong asked.

"Ne? Ah ye. Ye." I forgot that he doesnt know that my brother and him works in the same agency.

"Why? Is something wrong?"

"Nothing. Let's just eat." I then gave off an assuring smile but deep inside, I'm really bothered about what brother wants to say.

After we ate our lunch, we then headed down and went to greet ahjumma again.

"Ahjumma, we ate well!" Taeyong said happily.

"Kurae? I'm glad you did. How about you agassi? Did you like the food?" She asked.

"Ah ye. Ye ahjumma. Thank you for the meal! It was so delicious."

"That's good to hear. You are always welcome here."

"Ye. Kamsahamnida ahjumma." I said.

We then headed out of the place. But before we could go back to his car, I remembered i had to call oppa.

"Wait a minute. I'll go catch up with you. I have to call my brother back."

"Arasseo. I'll just be in the car." I nodded.