Chapter 13 - Information?

Beth’s POV

“Ok… Here’s my question…” Conor said, he seemed nervous – something I’d never seen him like.

“Yeah?” I said, I just wanted him to come out with it. Does he realise what he’s doing to me? My stomach is flipping, I feel clammy and scared. What is he going to ask?

“Kiss me?” He said quickly. I held my breath and froze. Did he just say that?

“Sorry what?” I felt the need to double check. How was I meant to react to that question? This is Conor we’re talking about! His eyes darted from me to the Ribena stained sheets, then to the walls and back. He was more than nervous. He played with his fingers and eagerly awaited my reply. Come on Beth!

“Kiss me?” This time it was definitely said as a question. He blatantly just wants me to do this so he feels like he’s got something from me before he opens up about him and Sam but because I’m so nosey I just need to know about them…

“Umm… Ok?” I said. Inside I was screaming. How do I kiss? I’ve not kissed a guy in ages and I’ve never kissed someone like Conor. Do I just peck him on the lips or is he wanting a whole make out session? I could feel the nerves building up and the small lump in my throat was now huge, my throat dry and making it worse.

“Really?” He had to check. I bit my lips together and nodded. This was going to be a crazy experience. Part of me felt bad because Sam had tried so hard to kiss me earlier and hadn’t managed to, yet here I am after a bit of alcohol ready to kiss Conor just to find out information. Well, it’s not only that – I’d be kissing Conor because I want to as well!

“Yeah.” I let out a small smile. His eyes slowly moved from my quilt cover up to me, looking me in the eyes. Normally you can see his eyes show a cross between confidence and hatred for some people, but this time they were showing that he felt exposed and scared. This was a completely different Conor… I shuffled myself forward a little and he let out a small laugh, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. “I’ve not done this-” I didn’t have time to finish my sentence before he lifted me up by my bum and sat me on his lap. I sucked a sharp breath in and froze. I couldn’t have been more than 3 inches from him and the closer I got to him the more nervous I got. I was just going to lean forward and give him a small kiss, not sit on him! My skin tingled and I felt a sense of security, but at the same time I felt like I was going to regret these actions… His eyes finally connected with mine and I couldn’t help but get lost in them, his blue eyes twinkling in the light of my room. He let out a half-smile and bit his bottom lip and I did the same as if to show we felt exactly the same. I couldn’t hold this off any more. I just needed to do it. The nerves kept building and they’d eventually get to a point where I wouldn’t be able to do it. I gazed at Conor’s perfectly flawless face once more and shut my eyes before slowly moving my head closer to his and kissing his lips softly. As our lips touched, they instantly tingled just like the rest of my body, my stomach was tightening and flipping. I went to pull out of the kiss but Conor’s hands instantly touched the bottom of my back until one hand stroked up my back until it reached the back of my head and cupped it. My arms instinctively wrapped around his body and the kiss deepened. Conor pushed me closer to him as our kiss got more passionate. Conor finally broke from the kiss but put his forehead against mine.

“Wow. You kiss good.” He said with a smirk on his face. I couldn’t answer, my mind was too busy telling me to kiss him again and feel that adrenaline course through my body once more.

“Likewise.” I managed to say while the rest of my energy was holding back kissing him again. “So what’s wrong with you and Sam?”

“Oh, I see how it is. I feel used…” Conor pouted his bottom lip and pretended to look sad. I rolled my eyes.

“You suggested it!” I tried to stick up for myself.

“And it was the best decision I’ve ever made!” He winked. His hands went to the back of my head and pushed my face closer to his where our lips touched again. The now familiar feeling of fireworks and adrenaline and nerves kicked in and my whole body tingled. This kiss started more passionately as our hands explored each other’s clothed bodies before I gained the courage to push Conor down on the bed by his shoulders. I couldn’t believe the euphoric feeling this was giving me. I was so used to giving boys a small kiss on the lips, I’d never realised kissing like this could feel so great.

“Honey? Are you home?” I suddenly heard my mum’s voice and jumped away from Conor and ran towards the doorway.

“Yes mum, just getting changed.” I lied and Conor ran straight for the window, opening it and climbing out onto the extension roof. I slammed my door shut, locked it and ran over to Conor.

“You better wear a dress tomorrow…” Conor raised an eyebrow. “I think you’re going to be noticed a hell of a lot more after today…” He climbed out and began to walk off.

“Thank you.” I said quickly. Conor paused and looked over to me. I felt the butterflies just from his glare.

“For what?”

“Today. I-It was nice.” I stuttered, mentally cursing myself for my failure in talking to men.

“I should be thanking you!” He winked as he continued to walk across the extension and jump down. The second he was out of sight I felt alone and unprotected. I wanted to call him back. I wanted to run after him and tell him that he’s already had an effect on me. I felt like I was missing something as I walked around my room aimlessly, my phone in my hand wondering if I should text him. I don’t want to seem desperate but at the same time I don’t want him to think I don’t care.

“Hun, why does it smell like cigarettes?” I heard my mum’s voice outside my door and I began to panic. Do I tell her the truth or not?  “You know what our thoughts are on smoking…” Her voice was getting sterner with every sentence. “If you want to smoke please do it outside of our house.”

“Sorry mum. I was just curious of what it was like, and it was horrible. I’m never smoking again!” I lied but tried my best to make it sound believable.

“That better be the case!” My mum said shirtily before walking away from my door. I grabbed my phone and text Conor quickly – at least that gave me a reason to text him!

To: Conor

Just saved your ass. My mum could smell cigarette smoke in the house and I pretended it was me. Make sure you don’t stink my house out again, yeah? X

I smirked as I sent it and opened all the windows in my room, spraying some body spray to take away the remaining smell. My phone vibrated on the side.

From: Conor

Thanks for that, but is that an invitation to come round again? ;)

To: Conor

Maybe…