Cole x Reader~Rejections! PT.2

After hurrying out of the closet you walk into your room. Bolting the door shut. It was a pretty bitchy move. Cole doesn't really deserve to get rejected in THAT manner. But if he was going to ask you to be his girlfriend then he would need to think about what he would do if you rejected him. You started pacing back and forth, feeling guiltier and guiltier by the second.

'It's not my fault. I don't need to accept his confession. I don't love him do I? Why do I feel so much regret? Goddamnit. Why do I need to fall in love?'

You wished Garmadon was here to guid you. To tell you what to do and how to fix this mental war you had going inside of you. Everything was spinning and it felt like you couldn't tell right from wrong. You kicked the door in anger and confusion.

"Dammit."

You could feel the guilt enveloping you as you kept thinking about his shocked and heartbroken features. The way his eyes glazed over, like he was about to burst into tears. You couldn't take this anymore. You slammed your window open and jumped out, landing on the cool green grass with ease. With that, you went over to a tall evergreen tree. Jumping from one branch to the other, you found a secluded area, who's leaves hid reality. You sat there, playing with a twig and biting your lip, trying in vain to stop the urge to cry. Your mind tried to push away the image of Cole and you.

"I shouldn't feel this way..."you growl and throw the mangled twig through the night sky.

"I shouldn't feel this way either."

You didn't even need to turn around to know who was sitting on an opposite branch from you.

"You weren't supposed to hear that."

"Please let me explain."

You just turned your head to face him, just staring into his brown eyes. You didn't have the motivation to glare at him. Or the courage. He inhaled deeply before huffing.

"You think it was easy for me to confess to my teammate like that? I wouldn't tell you I loved you if it wasn't true. I know you won't accept me anyway, but...I can't change my feelings for you."he says, getting up from his sitting position."Even if we are protecters of Ninjago, who says we can't live life while at it?"

"Everyone."you snap."Everyone says so. You need to focus on your job they say. You need to keep your head clear they say. Falling in love will only break you in two."

Silence was heard after that. Nothing besides the chirping of crickets and the wind. It felt slightly uneasy.

"You seriously need to chill."chuckles Cole."You heard that from Garmadon too?"

"What?"

"He told me that falling in love would break you in two. But he told me something else too. If you meet the right person, and they also break in two...your hearts combine. They become one."he sighs."I know it seemed a bit cliche at first, but once I thought about it, it was like he looked into Zane's future a bit. He and PIXAL became one. At first I thought he gave his advice to the wrong person. But then I met you..."

"..."

"Sorry, just lost in the memories you know."he chuckles and pulls his mask up."You're a pretty good therapist Y/N, but then again you rejected the heck outta me. It wasn't your fault I guess...I just thought...you might've felt the same. I hope we can go back to the way it was before though!"

Just as Cole got ready to jump out of the tree and get back inside, you decided to come clean.

"'You will soon meet the one that will find the key to your caged heart.'"you said, making Cole freeze and look at you funny."That was what Garmadon told me. Damn, it sounds like something from a fortune cookie. The crazier thing is..."

Cole sat down and scooted closer to you, it felt weird. It was like butterflies we rising in your stomach. Your heartbeat quickened and your eyes kept flicking away from the boy in front of you, even when you usually looked people in the eye when you talked.

"...I think he was talking about you."

Will you were glancing at a falling leaf from below, you felt Cole lean in and place a kiss on you lips. Before you could even kiss back he pulled away and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Sorry... I just... I mean- I...Ah fuck it."he blushes."I'll be going back inside now."

"You're embarrassed?"you chuckle and thwack his forehead.

"Yeah- I mean no!"

"Good, so you wouldn't mind if I said I accept your confession?"

"Wait you're serious?!"he gasps while you just sigh and nod."Thank you! I love you so much!"

He pulls you into a tight hug while you punch his back in irritation.

"Weirdo! I can't breath!"

"Sorry. I'm just so happy."he says and kisses both your cheeks."I'm so happy you're mine."

"I guess I'm happy too. Now let's get inside. If we hurry we can lock these idiots outside."

"What?"asked Cole.

"Guys hurry! She says she's gonna lock the door!"screams Jay, running back inside while holding a camera.

"You could have been more subtle."states Zane while being dragged by Kai.

Joy (ME!) walks out cooly and rolls her eyes at the three ninja before putting a hand up and walking in.

"I don't know these people."she says and closes the door behind her, leaving it unlocked for the laughing couple.