The Spectrum of Discovery [Mini Arc-Part 2]

Ryoma's POV:

"Ah," Yukimura's gentle voice said, "though my condition was not as bad as yours, it did come frightfully close. I too suffered a relapse of a childhood condition. It made me only paralysed and the surgery had a higher success rate than 30%; it was 50%."

My golden eyes widened at the surprising news.

"I...Buchou.....You," I faltered, at a loss.

Yukimura suddenly frowned.

"So, what made you choose to go to Rikkai Dai?" Yukimura asked, continuing with his "interrogation". 

I sighed. I knew it would come down to this. Hope he doesn't laugh at me.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seiichi's POV:

I blinked owlishly as a reaction to his explanation as why he was at Rikkai Dai.

"So....Let me get this straight," I muttered with raised eyebrows. "The only reason why you're not going to Seigaku was because of living issues, and only Hyotei or Rikkai Dai had dorms?"

"Um....Yeah, that's about it." Ryoma replied, grinning. "And I can't live with being near Atobe all the time, so RIkkai Dai it is."

I face-palmed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genichiro's POV:

My eyes stayed on the Fuji-doppelganger, silent. The rest of the Regulars were either gaping or not being able to form sentences--like me. Finally, the silencing charm broke out and screaming and shouting erupted, with only Renji and I staying calm.

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?" Akaya screamed. "WHO ARE YOU??!!?!?! WHY DO YOU L-LOOK LIKE FUJI???"

"Are you a spy?" hissed Marui. Jackal face-palmed. 

"You MUST be!" decided Nio. "But all the more fun for us to play with!"

A rather sadistic cackle followed.

"Hmm. Though I will not resort to wild, uncivilised yelling," began an annoyed Yagyu, "who, may I ask, are you? Are you even registered in the tennis club?" 

"Ah, Yagyu-senpai, I'm--" the Fuji-doppelganger began, uncertain, until he was interrupted by an over-eager Yanagi. 

"He is, Yagyu, indeed a registered tennis club member. Name, Sora Amori, age, 16. Birthday, February 28th, making him 364 days younger than Fuji," Renji ranted from memory, "Amori's height, 174. 646 cm, 0.364 cm shorter than Fuji. Known best-friend, Kano Akimoto. Class, 2-B. Playing style, unknown. Tennis skills in general, unknown."

Needless to say, Amori was more than freaked about the amount of information Renji knew. I would be too, but Renji would think twice as to blurt out information about me. We're best friends, after all. 

"Ah, thank you, Renji, for your kind introduction to Amori-kun," I said with a hidden sarcastic undertone, barely stopping an arrogant eye roll. 

Renji nodded, though the faint trace of a smirk could be seen if you knew him well enough.

"Um," Amori said, confused, "Who is this, Fuji?"

I sighed as shocked and angry yelling broke out once again.

"WHAT!?!?!?!?!??!" Akaya repeated again, "YOU DON'T KNOW FUJI??!?!?! DID YOU LIVE UNDER A ROCK???!!!?!?!"

"Syusuke Fuji, you idi--" Nio began, rolling his eyes, but Jackal cut him off.

"Nio! Akaya! He's not a Regular, so of course he wouldn't know about Fuji! And don't randomly call people idiots!" Jackal scolded. Marui snickered.

"Such a mother, Kuwahara-chan!" Marui said with a friendly pat on the back.

Jackal sputtered indignantly. 

"Me, a MOTHER!?" Jackal said, miffed. 

"Well, you are the most considerate and compassionate one," Nio supplied unhelpfully. 

"I'm just trying to be nice!" Jackal huffed. "Unlike you people."

"HEY! I'm NICE!" Akaya fiercely. "I made a new best friend too!"

"I'm taking it's Echizen?" I asked.

Akaya grinned. Then he dropped his eyes.

"What happened though? Why did Mura-buchou and Ryoma-kun act so strange?" Akaya questioned, curious. 

"Fukubuchou," Amori asked softly, "should we go check it out? They did act pretty strangely, after all."

I nodded curtly. Seeing the Regulars still talking, I clapped sharply and led the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryoma's POV:

I laughed at Yukimura's face-palm.

"Ah, well," Yukimura said with a smile, "I'm....rather surprised. Nonetheless, I'm happy you're on the team. And you made Genichiro smile on your first day!"

I couldn't help it. I couldn't resist my urge to hug him. Leaning forward, my face landed on the crook between his neck and shoulder. I blushed and was relieved when Yukimura hugged me back. 

But then the door to Yukimura's room was slammed open, showing the Regulars and I reddened after realising the position Yukimura and I was in.

"Well this is awkward," remarked Marui, his bubblegum bubble popping. 

A/N: OK, so an early update and not exactly keeping with the schedule. So here's the newish schedule: I'll still update every Thursday and Sunday, but additional updates might pop up on any day of the week, now. Yay? 

BTW, THANKS FOR THE 1K READS, EVERYONE!!!! ^_^