Contact [Mini Arc-Part 0.9]

A/N: A FUTURE PAIRING HINT IN THIS CHAPTER! I'm not really sure if the pairings super popular, as he usually gets paired up with someone else, but whatever..... :)

Time: Kanto Regional Tournament

Matchups [Semi-Finals]

Seigaku vs Fudomine

Rikkaidai vs Hyotei

(A/N: Different from the anime)

~*~

|Seiichi's POV|

One Week and 3 days Ago...  

I didn't look him in the eye for the past day.

I couldn't.

I knew my motive behind my decision. And as the date looms closer and closer, guilt began to form in the depths of my stomach. 

I'm limiting his potential.

And possibly making us lose the whole match.

I know that....It's just...

I can't bear to lose him....

I can't Ican't Icant Icanticanticanticanticanticant

I gazed down at the paper in my hands. No. Not even my guilt could make me black out what I wrote. 

Carefully tucking the paper into a crisp white envelope, I walked briskly to the closest mailbox and quickly dropped the envelope in. 

|No One's POV|

Two days later...

The news travelled fast if you're one of the top 4. By sundown, everyone from the 4 teams was told, and more than 90% were mystified.

What caused the great Child of God, AKA, Yukimura Seiichi, to make such a decision?

Especially if the long-forgotten name, Echizen Ryoma, was beside his. 

|Ryoma's POV|

One Day Later...  

I fidgeted with my jacket's zipper. This isn't right. The Kanto Semifinals is on Tuesday. Which is tomorrow. TOMORROW FOR GOD'S SAKE!

And yet, Seiichi still haven't shown us the listings...I thought, struggling to suppress a groan. 

I looked at Seiichi. He's rubbing the back of his neck again, and I know he only does that if he's concentrating really hard. And there's that subtle hair tugging again. Looks like he turned from concentrated to nervous....

"Oi! Ryoma! Why are you always staring at Mura-buchou like that?" Akaya asked. Loudly.

A blush crept up my cheeks as everyone started to look at me. Thank god my bangs could cover my eyes. 

"What are you talking about?" I replied, forcing myself to not stutter. 

He opened his mouth to retort. I silenced him with a venomous glare that practically screamed 'ohhhhh don't you dare say it'. Akaya quickly snapped his mouth shut.