Connecting the Dots

Ryoma's POV:
My head whirled.

"So you mean..........." My voice trailed off.

Seiichi's eyes sharpened, and he gave a humorless laugh.

"Yes. Keigo, Sora, Tomoe, Syusuke and I are the future heirs to the mega rich companies our parents or relatives own," Seiichi muttered angrily.

My mind tried to process all this.

"And the scandal......." I slowly realized, "My mother's defending you guys in court!"

Seiichi's eyes dilated, as well as Sora's.

"Y-Your mother's the famous Ms. Takeuchi who never lost any court battle, correct?" Sora whispered quietly.

I blushed slightly. "H-hai....?"

Seiichi quickly found his composure, and his eyes hardened. "Yes. Scandal. As if!"

Sora's eyes held a spark of anger.

"How dare those people accuse us of such--such vile things!" Sora sputtered angrily.

Seiichi nodded in agreement. "Father would never do it. And neither would mother, as heartless as she is."

My eyes looked from one to another. Sora...Seiichi......I thought. My world just turned upside down in the matter of 2 minutes.

Suddenly, Seiichi spoke.

"Ryoma.......Let's pretend this conversation never happened, alright? Sora and I will explain to you in due time......For the time being, I will call my parents to tighten security, and provide security for you as well. As your mother is involved in this, they will not doubt be targeting you also, even if you don't realize it. And Sora.....As soon as you become our backup, you'll move in with us. Someone will have to share rooms.......But we'll take care of that soon enough."

Sora nodded shortly.

"Ah, Ryoma-kun...." Sora began hesitantly. "We're sorry we had to drag you into this. But those people! They will stop at nothing. False accusations and death threats......They're honestly mental."

My heart raced, but I trusted my senpais. After all, they're the people who makes me feel that I'm safe enough to drop my façade, and reveal my true personality. Nodding goodbye to him, I followed Seiichi silently back to the dorm.

When we reached the door, I stopped and turned towards Seiichi.

"W-will you actually tell me what's going on?" I asked, uncertainty seeping into my eyes. "I have a right to know!"

Seiichi smiled.

"Of-course, Ryo-kun." Seiichi answered honestly, though I have a feeling more surprises will soon come. "In the mean time, we'll have to train Sora very, very well in order to make him our backup. He's part of the Iseya family, and also part of us heirs. Friends and family stick together during necessary times.....even if we're practically strangers."

Seeing my hesitant look, Seiichi rolled his eyes.

"That means you too, silly. And Syusuke. And the stuck up snob, Keigo. And Sora. And him."

I smiled slightly. "And once you know the Nanami and Kuramochi families' children, them too. Correct?"

"Correct."

A/N: And next....TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!! FOR SORA-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave a comment guessing who him (not them, him)is, please (and any other comments....whatever you like!)? It's obvious though~~ ^_^

PS. I'm not sure I'm going to update on Sunday....since I gave a triple (TRIPLE!) update......but I'm in the mood for some writing, so we'll see >_<