Akimoto....or Not [Mini Arc-Part 0.9]

Ryoma's POV:

I was stunned at my own stupidity. Seiichi was right. Sora. It was Sora who was hurt. Not Syusuke. Sora.

You know you only care about Sora because he's your fvching replacement, the small voice snarled at me. 

I wanted to say no, of course not, but the words died on my lips. Horror spread in my stomach like wide fire, and I just wanted to curl up and die. I flushed as I recalled today's events, and cringed as I remembered my mistake. 

I can't even..........! UGH! Honestly!

But my blush dissolved as what Akimoto did slowly come out on top of my cringes, embarrassments, and horror. I narrowed my eyes and tried to fantom why Kano Akimoto, AKA Sora's BEST FRIEND, wanted to harm Sora. SORA. Of all people. 

Another Web of Secrets, huh? I thought with a humorless laugh. I've been too caught up with those, nowadays. Either Akimoto is a total fake, or he's secretly a psychopath with a serious issue with sadism. Or......He could be both. 

But it still doesn't answer why he'll target Sora. And I know for a fact that a normal best friend fight won't end in one of the two nearly going into a coma. 

I was still confused over the accident when Akaya came with a moderate optimistic expression, telling me, albeit a little puzzled, that Seiichi called for dinner. 

As we animatedly chatted, momentarily forgetting about the annoyances of the day, I noticed the haunted look in Akaya's gleaming green eyes. 

Another secret to be stitched inside the Web, hm?

The small voice at the back of my head gave a chilling, mocking laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seiichi's POV:

I scowled angrily. Akimoto brought his parents into this. I just know it! Why else would the Committee not rule in my favor? I briefly thought of slapping out threats, courtesy of parents of my own, but quickly took it off my to-do list. I'm not going to scoop that low..... 

Speaking of which, I decided to do a little hacking around on the YU's people database on my cell phone (A/N: Totally not an iPhone ^_^). Since the Yukimura Union (YU) is the largest bank system in Japan, with international recognition, we keep track of our...customers. Which includes all types of companies and their worth. It is highly unlikely that anyone with enough sway in society doesn't have a YU account. And "Kano Akimoto's" parents, if my guess is correct--which is always--does have a considerable amount.

Typing in the 20 number password, I quickly typed in the last name, 'Akimoto', only to find that only 2 search results came up.

Akimoto Inc., "AI", a company that designs military grade air crafts...

And Isamu "Sam" Akimoto, a very, very, VERY well know tennis coach that coached the retired, yet still no. 3 tennis player in the world, William M. Turner. 

(A/N: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Sam Akimoto......SA....Special A....Kei...Jun Fukuyama.....who voiced Lelouch......Lulu....Luhan.....LOL! Also, Kei....Sei....Seiichi? Get it, get it????)

Briefly going through the two profiles, both on the internet and on the database, I concluded that the name "Kano Akimoto" most likely doesn't exist and is probably a pseudonym. 

Why? Because, Miss Rina Akimoto, the creator of Akimoto Inc. was in a mysterious car accident at the age of 27, 3 years after she launched AI, a start-up that instantly attracted hundreds of thousands of dollars. At the time of her death, AI was almost valued at one million dollars. She had no known siblings and her deceased parents also had no siblings. Her grandfather only had sisters,  and her great grandfather was the one that changed his last name to Akimoto. From what another last name, nobody--at least, nobody living--knows. However, it is thought that the reason was to marry a common person, AKA Rina Akimoto's great grandmother. The current CEO is named Arata Tanuma, so, therefore, "Kano Akimoto" can never be the decedent of Miss Akimoto.

As for Isamu Akimoto......He has a sister, who had a daughter and a son who died prematurely. His father was an only child and his grandfather only had an older sister, who passed away last year due to a fatal heart attack. His great grandfather had a younger brother....but I supposed his children are not known publicly.

Nonetheless, I check online on Google just to make sure. I was right. Only two people have a public profile. 

With that out of the way, it leaves the question of who Kano Akimoto really is. But I'm sure I'll find out. Especially when Sora wakes up.......

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't recognize the familiar footsteps of Ryoma.

"Um. S-Seiichi....." his soft voice hesitantly said, "It's, um, supper time...."

Violet eyes met gold.

"I'm sorry if I offended you earlier...." Ryoma muttered, his personality taking a sharp 360 turn. Is it because of me.....? I absently thought. 

I softened my eyes. Ryoma was really innocent some times. Smiling, I stood up and turned Ryoma around. 

"Let's go...I have much to talk about to you, later," I murmured, pushing Ryoma gently out the door. "Ryo-kun!"

Ryoma gave a cute little 'hmm'. Turning around, but still slowly walking forward, his eyes shown with confusion. Inwardly, I felt pangs of regret when I saw the linger of hurt in his eyes, especially since he quickly masked it.

"It's going to be about Sora, yes?" 

I nodded. Letting a small spark of anger show through, I replied.

"Akimoto is a fake," I said bluntly.

Ryoma gasped in surprise.

"What?!"

A/N: So..........Maybe the last name, Akimoto is a popular last name in Japan....but for the plot, let's pretend it's not, alright?