Doubts

Seiichi's POV:

Things were fine. 

At least, they were.

Until Akimoto begun to use the knuckle serve and gave Sora his first bruise. 

My eyes grew wide at the continuous use of dangerous smashes.

It was as if Akimoto was in.........my mind whispered........Devil mode......

And then it happened.

The ball was smashed at the speed of at least 100 mph, directed at Sora's throat. 

"Look out!" I screamed. "No! SORA!!"

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Ryoma's POV:

My heart stopped. (A/N: Well, not literally.)

Syusuke, Syusuke, Syusuke, echoed in my head.

My eyes reflected unadulterated fury as his eyes closed, body slacked and bruises glinting in the sunlight.

I didn't remember if I walked in the court and punched Akimoto. Or if I slapped him. Or both.

Only Syusuke.

And screw Akimoto. He should just fall down and die. It's better than facing my anger.

Hatred coiled inside my stomach, rendering my mind and logic gone, as blood started to seep out of Syusuke's mouth.

You fucking bastard.....I thought angrily at Akimoto, cradling Syusuke's head. I'll destroy you........

Seiichi was never on my mind.  

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Seiichi's POV:

I suppressed my desire to run in and kill Akimoto. Ryoma already more or less did that for me. 

However, with a strike of emotion, I approved of Akimoto's choice to harm Sora.

Seeing Ryoma cradling Sora's head sparked a deep urge of sadism, an instinct to literally kill Sora on the spot. Ryoma's soft hands using his soft uniform's sleeve to gentling wiping away the blood on his face, smiling slightly as he parted Sora's hair in order to clean his face better.

My hand clenched, and I bit my lip harshly. I didn't react as Jackal showed the nurse her new patient, or even when Genichiro shot me a startled look of concern.

Faking a concerned look, I gracefully walked towards the thing in Ryoma's hands.

My hatred multiplied as I noticed what Ryoma was quietly saying.

"Syusuke......I'll destroy him for you...." Ryoma whispered with fury. "Akimoto is nothing......."

My eyes sharpened.

So it's Syusuke he was unconsciously worried about.......I thought. Holding back a small sigh of frustration, my "concern" for Sora became real as he was unresponsive towards anything. 

Hm. No immediate threat...The small part of me added. 

Snapping my head up in surprise, I replied with a sharp NO, before focusing on Sora once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryoma's POV:

After Syusuke's been taken to the nurse's office to rest in a more comfortable position, and my anger more contained, I only then noticed Seiichi's coldness towards me.

"S-Seiichi..?" I tried.

Seiichi smiled, but we both knew it was fake.

"Hm, Ryoma?" Seiichi asked with fake surprise. 

"I...." but I trailed off as the words got stuck in my throat. Why are you so cold? I wanted to ask. Why are things so awkward between us suddenly?

We sat in a suffocating silence, before Seiichi finally stood up. 

"Ryoma......You'll understand soon enough..." Seiichi said quietly. "And just so you know....It was Sora who got hurt."

With that, he left me, his jacket flaring out majestically behind him.