Akimoto....or Not [Mini Arc-Part 2]

A/N: Don't you think it's strange that in the Chinese Prince of Tennis drama, Ryoma's called Long Ma? (It sounds like Ryoma) and that the no. 1 in the world in table tennis (currently, which is September 12, 2016) is called Ma Long?

Coincidence?

Or...Not?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. 

:)

Ryoma's POV:

"He's Hibiki Hira?" I choked.

Seiichi and Atobe looked at me in surprise.

"How do you know him?" They asked simultaneously. 

My eyebrows were raised disbelievingly. 

"Kano Akimoto is not Hibiki," I insisted sharply. 

Seiichi tilted his head slightly left.

"Were you friends with him?" Seiichi asked.

I shook my head.

"No, but my...nii-san was..." I murmured. 

Atobe's eyes sharpened.  

"Nii-san?" Atobe inquired.

I nodded, this time. My eyes were shadowed. Did I want to talk to them about my ass of a brother? 

No.

I tried to work around it. I'm sure as hell not telling my not-so-warm-and-friendly-relationships with my brother to them. 

"Yes, nii-san," I said in my dullest voice possible, "He met Hibiki-senpai in a tennis tournament. They became bitter rivals. Apparently, they go to the same tennis club. Needless to say, they hated each other. However, they got paired up as tennis partners in a doubles match because the coach thought their auras looks similar. After a few months of being forced together, they finally became friends and soon became best friends. Basically, Hibiki-senpai comes to our house to hang out sometimes, and I know him. He can hold a grudge, but he won't hurt a fly."

Seiichi smirked.

It was the smirk that made you want to curl up in a ball and die...it was a predatory smile. 

"Ah. Nii-san." Seiichi stated lightly. 

I blinked owlishly. 

"Um...." I mumbled, unsure of what to say.

Atobe rolled his eyes.

"What Seiichi was trying to say is...Have you been in touch with you, er, nii-san? Does you, um, nii-san still talk to Hira?" Atobe asked--no, stated imperiously

I gave a quick 'che'. 

"How the he--" I stopped. Get a hold of yourself, Ryoma, I chided myself. "I mean, no, I don't...I don't know."

Seiichi eyed me strangely. 

"You mean, you haven't been in contact with your one and only nii-san?" Seiichi questioned. 

I could have sworn there'd been a tinge of glee in it. 

"No," I said, back to my monotone. "No, I have not, in the last, oh, 6 years, been in contact with my one and only nii-san."

Atobe was about to say something imperiously when I rudely cut him off.

"Look, Monkey King," my monotone long forgotten, replaced by a voice dripping with venom, "I've told you everything I've known. Now, please--no, screw please....Leave the topic of my one and only nii-san alone. Hibiki-senpai isn't Akimoto. I'm certain of it."