A-9

NOTE: The dorms doesn't actually look like this! Just the general idea! 

(BTW, I'm not sure if this counts as a filler chapter......ish? There's not exactly a solid plot in this chapter, but you should read it since it'll clear things up a bit. 

Sorry about the minor swearing! ;)

Ryoma's POV:

I ran outside, waiting rather impatiently for Seiichi. Calling Seiichi, Seiichi, I thought, how unheard of. Calling the buchou on the first day by their first names when outside of practice. It's like the lie actually came true. 

"Come on, Seiichi!" I said, slightly annoyed. 

"Hai hai, Mr.Impatience," Seiichi's softly sarcastic voice trailed from upstairs. "Couldn't you just stop to let me think of a valid excuse when, you know, our darling teammates find out about our harmless white lie?"

I blinked. Then my whole face darkened. 

"I hope they won't," I said quietly. "Not that I'm ashamed of my Seigaku history, it's just hard to break the news that a Rikkai Dai Regular was the Seigaku tennis prodigy, helping Rikkai Dai win."

Seiichi's face came into view and I saw his amused expression. 

"Rikkai Dai wouldn't cast you out just because of that," Turning serious, he continued. "However, unlike your.....illness........They would eventually find out. The Regionals might still be in 3 months, but we'll have our third match with Seigaku, then. And based on your abilities to get through Genichiro's basic moves, there'll soon be rumours about a "Rikkai Dai prodigy". Like any rumour linking to Rikkai Dai, it'll soon reach to all of Japan, including Seigaku."

Suddenly, a thought came to me. 

"Wait," I whispered. "Did Rikkai Dai manage to have a f*ckng 5-year strike in winning the Nationals?"

Seiichi frowned.

"No. Sadly. Even though we won in 9th grade, in 10th grade Akaya wasn't with us, and Syusuke-kun is apparently out for revenge." Seiichi muttered. "But we took back the win in 11th grade. Since he's obviously the strongest now in Seigaku and second only to me--surpassing even Genichiro, I regard him as a formable opponent."

My heart almost shattered at the mention of Fuji-senpai. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seiichi's POV:

"Oh, and don't swear, please. It sounds childish coming from you," I said, gently scolding him.

Ryoma's eyes went wide and the forlorn look in his eyes instantly vanished. A smirk was in its place.

"Hai, Ni-sama," Ryoma said sarcastically. "Now.....The tour?"

I sighed but complied. But secretly, my heart dropped when he called me 'Ni-sama', even if it was a joke.

"As you can see, this is the main entrance to the Tennis Dormitories," I began. "Since the tennis team has a rather long record of wins, the school board's funding to the tennis team increased at least 200%. Therefore, the tennis team's Regulars could live together. In Rikkai Dai, we're not exactly as rich as Hyotei, so a sports club--yes, Ryoma, this is a club--being able to live together almost 24/7 is great."

Ryoma nodded thoughtfully as I guided him inside again, but through a different door.

"By the way, there's two doors. One actually leads to the dorms and the other leads to a mini inside tennis court,  the one we went through." I said off-handedly.