Part 20

Marie's POV:

"What is going on out here?" I heard Ryan ask as he came outside and everyone shifted back to human form except for me.

"Alpha we encourage you to not approach this...monster." One of the men said as he looked over to me.

"Monster? Isn't that being a little harsh?" I asked out loud.

"How can you speak out loud?" The girl who claimed to be Ryan's mate asked me.

I just kept silent after that. I looked back to Ryan and he did not look to happy with the guy who called me a monster. The man's face turned to fear and he bowed his head as and apology.

"This girl is not a monster. She is my mate and this pack's Luna. You have no right to disrespect her and that goes for all of you!" Ryan shouted at him and then to everyone within earshot.

I quickly shifted and ran over to Ryan and hugged him to calm him down before he did something he might regret later. As I wrapped my arms around him I could tell he started to calm down. I looked up to him and smiled and he smiled at me and hugged me back.

"Babe what do you mean she is you're mate. How can that be when we are mates." The girl said with a pouty face as she walked over and clung to Ryan's arm.

"Britt I've told you before we aren't mates, now get that through your head." Ryan said annoyed and he pulled his arm out of Britt's grasp.

"But it's true you just got to believe me." She complained.

"Britt just drop it. Isn't it bad enough that you rejected you're real mate two weeks ago." One of Ryan's friends said.

All Britt did was huff and then look at me shooting daggers at me with her eyes. Two can play at that game but I rather not.

"We are sorry Luna. We had no idea. Alpha Ryan did not tell us about you." One of the warriors said and then everybody bowed their heads in submission to me accepting me as there Luna.

"I was going to tell everyone tomorrow as a surprise. But I should have known you'd want to go outside and should have told them about you." Ryan said as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"Maybe you should think ahead next time." I said as I poked his chest as hard as I could and he fell over onto his but and I laughed.

"Careful. Did you forget you are stronger than me." Ryan whispered to me as he got up.

"Sorry." I laughed.

"Hey Marie I was just about to go for a run. Want to join me?" My mom asked me. I nodded my head and walked over to her and we shifted and ran off.

********************************************
Ryan's POV:

I was in my office doing some alpha work signing documents, reading reports from patrols and other alphas when I started to get the feeling of unease and confusion. I knew it wasn't me so that meant it was Marie. I got up and walked up to my room where I left her. When I opened the door and Marie wasn't there and her scent was was faint.

'She hasn't been in here for maybe half an hour.' My wolf Leo said.

'Thanks Captain Obvious.' I said in annoyance.

I walked downstairs and found her mother watching TV. I was about to ask her if she knew where Marie was when my Beta Jack came bursting in through the side door.

"Alpha! The warriors have shifted and surrounded the Luna and are in attack position!" Jack said trying to catch his breath.

My heart sped up in fear that I might lose my mate. I ran for the front door and swung it open.

"What is going on here!" I yelled and everyone looked at me and my warriors shifted back but Marie didn't but can you blame her.

"Alpha you should stay away from this...monster." One of the warriors said.

"Monster? Isn't that a bit harsh?" Marie asked.

Leo started to take control and was about to rip my own warrior apart when Marie suddenly wrapped her arms around me and Leo calmed down when he saw her smile. I smiled back and gave her a hug to. It would have been perfect if some bimbo didn't cling to my arm.

"Ryan but im you're mate." Britt said with a pout. Ugh I really don't like her.

"Britt you are not my mate now stop." I said and pulled my arm away from her.

"Isn't it bad enough you rejected your mate two weeks ago?" Ashley said with disgust.

Britt just huffed then shot a glare at Marie and stomped off. Marie's mom appeared and asked if Marie was willing to go for a run and then they took off.

"So...Britt rejected her mate two weeks ago." I said to Ashely.

"Yep. She even said that you marked her and showed her mark to Marie who laughed at it because she knew it wasn't true because all of us have been at the Great Woods Lodge for half the summer." Ashley said with a smirk on her face.

"Marie is a clever girl a very strong wolf at that to. I respect that she can hold her own without having you depend on someone most of the time." She said as she looked off in the direction she ran off in.

"I know. You don't have to tell me." I whined.

"Im just saying. She is a special one...don't lose her." She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Who ever knew that you're respect for someone could make you sound so soft." I laughed.

"Shut up Ryan." Ashley said and punched me in the shoulder.

"Oww!" That hurt.

"Common you didn't expect to not get punched after saying that. But if I had to put my opinion in on a fact of strength, I would say that I am way stronger than you." She laughed.

"Oh yeah? Well how about we have a little one on one combat battle ehh?" I said challenging her.

"Your on!" She laughed.

AN: I hope you are all enjoying the book so far. I feel like some of my chapters are unrealistic compared to other books of this genre and is also over dramatic. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment.