Part 30

I woke up on a couch, my face soaked with tears. It took me a few seconds to realize someone had a grip around my body. I screamed and pulled away and fell on the floor crying even harder.

"Don't touch me, please don't hurt me!" I yelped.

I heard soft slow footsteps comes closer.

"Please." I whispered. And the footsteps stopped inches in front of me.

I heard the person kneel down but I didn't know what they looked like because my hands were covering my face.

"I would never hurt you." I heard a soft male voice say that sent shivers down my spine.

I peeked through my fingers and saw him.

"Ryan?" I asked as I removed my hands from my face.

Ryan had a look of concern, sadness, and confusion on his face. But worst of all, he also had a hurt look in his eyes.

"It can't be real. This isn't real! Im dreaming again!" I cried as more tears spilt harder from my eyes which were probably blood shot right now.

"What do you mean Marie?" He asked confused.

"It's all just a dream. Before I know I will wake up to a reality that I don't even wish upon my worst enemy." I cried.

"And what is that reality exactly?" He asked.

"A life of countless abuse and degrading self esteem. Filled with horror and nightmares." I whispered as I clutched my hand to my chest.

I saw tears starting to form in Ryan's eyes. I knew the mate bond was preventing him from feeling all the pain and despair I will wake up to. But this is just a dream, nothing is real. So I let down the wall that was preventing Ryan from feeling what I was feeling. I saw all the same emotion and pain I was in wash over his whole body.

"When I wake up...and I know I will, I will be in that bed with that disgusting man forcing himself on me as he rapes me. He has already done what I feared most." I said quietly through strained vocals.

"I-Im sorry Ryan. Im so sorry. I wish this was reality but it's only a dream. You are a dre-" I was cut off with strong arms wrapping around me tightly.

"It's not a dream, this isn't a dream, Im not a dream. Not now not ever. This is reality, what you had was a nightmare you should have never endured." Ryan said as I felt his tears spill onto my shoulder right over my mark as he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck and hugged me tighter, sending sparks through my body. The strongest pulse of our mate bond that I have ever felt. And right then I knew he was right. This isn't a dream, it's my reality...

"It's our reality." I whispered comfortingly to him.

My once limp arms that were at my side as of seconds ago were now wrapped around Ryan just as tightly as his were around me. He froze which made me sad.

"Sorry." He said as he pulled back but still held me.

"For what? It wasn't your fault I had a nightmare." I said confused.

"Not that. I made you feel sad." He said as he looked deep into my eyes.

I don't know when, but, we kissed. He didn't smash his lips into mine like you would think. But instead, he leaned in closely and whispered I love you to me and kissed me. So that is where we are now. It took me a few seconds to register what was happening. But when it did, my lips started to move in sync with his. I deepened the kiss by leaning in more. I wanted to be one hundred percent sure that this was real because I was only ninety nine percent sure that it was real. And as if he read my thoughts, Ryan leaned in even more as he placed his hand behind my head and it deepened  even more. But it still didn't feel real enough. He growled and pulled me to him as close as he could. I was gripping the back of his hair, desperate for a one hundred percent feeling. He slipped his tongue into my mouth and massaged my tongue with his. I moaned, he growled. I could tell he was trying his hardest. You would think that would be real enough for me. I wasn't asking for anything much but to have that one percent filled. Pain...pain is what I felt next. I whimpered as Ryan sank his canines into my mark as far as he could.

"Ryan...it hurts." I gasped out with pain.

He growled as he bit harder. I don't know what he was trying to accomplish. But when your mate bites your mark your suppose to feel pleasure, comfort, love, kindness, security, and trust. It wasn't suppose to be deathly painful to a brink of loosing consciousness. I heard a pop ring in and through my ears. Mind blowing pain radiating from my neck emerged. I felt a bunch of blood rush down my neck. Who would have guessed my end would be by desperation that lead to piercing an artery by my mate. But then I felt something else. I felt warmth wash over me.