Parking Duty

Parking duty. Why does this happen to the handsome fox? 'Course, it was my fault... but how was I supposed to know that Bogo was having a bad day? The yelling might've been a hint...

Sorry. Allow me to introduce myself. The name's Wilde. Nick Wilde. Red fox, officer, and savvy business mammal. I work at the ZPD with my partner, a rabbit named Judy.

"Last one to write a hundred tickets has to buy coffee!" Judy yells across the street.
I let a wolffish grin onto my lips. "I hope you brought your wallet, Carrots!" The prospect of free coffee makes me go faster, tearing off tickets quickly, and a bit... okay, okay, sloppily. I don't dare glance up to see how far Judy's doing. 98, 99, 100!

I hold up the device and yell. "One hundred! I'll take a large, thank you."

Her amethyst eyes throw daggers at me from over the top of a white Ram truck. "Fine. You win this time."

I paste on a dreamy smile. "I still remember the first time you payed for my food. It was a Jumbopop, I believe."

She rolls her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. C'mon, we have to keep working."

~~•~~

Nick just HAS to bring that up. Every time I buy him ANYTHING, he goes on about that Jumbopop. Every. Single. Time.

I shrug. I should've known that if there was something free to be won, he would do everything he could to win it. It's just how he is.

Eighteen months have come and gone since the night howler case. Nick joined the force, became my partner, and settled in nicely to the life of an officer. Surprising, considering his background.

Y'see, when I met him, he was a hustler. A popsicle hustler. He'd tricked me into buying the Jumbopop to melt down into little Pawpsicles for him. But I got him back, don't worry.

We write tickets till quitting time, five 'o' clock, drop the clown car off at the station, and head to my apartment for movie night.

Host got to pick, so I'd rented the newly released Floatzen 2. It's a very big hit, with weddings, and a mysterious mammal who calls himself Mink Frost. He has awesome ice powers, and duels off against the queen of ice magic herself. And, of course, ultimately falls in love with her.

What else can you expect of a Disney movie?