Fake.

Fake. I feel like a fraud, assigning teams for a mission that doesn't even matter. There's three teams, two with four officers, one with three. I assigned Wilde and Judy to different groups.

I can't afford useless heroics. Not when Becca's lurking around somewhere, and I've got a useless trainee glued to me.

That's a little unfair. Marcel IS useful.

In a purely decorative capacity. He makes it look like I've got a bodyguard all the time.

At present, we're at the 'hostage situation', and the teams are just entering the building.

"Team A is in, over." A voice crackles over the radio.

Bogo answers before I get a chance to. "Roger that. Keep in contact. Over."

"Copy that. Over and out."

The other teams, creatively named B and C, check in, and report the sane thing. Coast is clear.

I glance down at my watch. According to Becca, Xofton should make another move right about.....

Now.

A rough voice echoes out of the three open doors. Right on time.

"Don't come any closer! I've got hostages, and guns. I've heard the two don't mix."

Unexpectedly, I heard another voice, so close that it was almost like an echo to the first.

"Finnick! What do you think you're doing?!"

Officer Wilde.

"Nick! Glad you could join the party. How's the new job working out?"

"Stand down, Finnick. I don't want to hurt you." I can hear the pleading in the red vulpines voice.

Judy's voice joins in. "Finnick. Please. Before you do anything you'll regret."

Suddenly, A wolf officer yelps. "Back up, we need back up! Xoftons got a partner! Over!"

I'd bet a years worth of pay it's Becca. I knew she'd meddle at some pout or another.

"Wolford, what's the situation? Over." Bogo asks, his voice calm.

Over the radio, yelling and static fight to rise over Wolfords voice. "She's tranqing us! We're going to have to fire sedatives at her! Over."

"Affirmative. Go ahead. Over. Teams C and B, how are you guys holding up?"

"Sir, we're negotiating with the perpetrator now. Officers Wilde and Hopps are trying to talk him down."

So much for useless heroics. I'll get an earful later.

(I'd like to say I have an excuse for not updating, but I laid in bed, ate Taki's, and role played all day yesterday and today. Totally worth it. Oh, and I went to the zoo and got a ton of ideas for characters. So sorry not sorry.)