A Confession.

I stare intently at her back, as her paw scribbles an answer to my confession, and she folds a paper airplane. She turns and looks directly into my eyes with her beautiful purple ones, and throws an airplane at my chest. I catch it before it makes contact, lower my eyes from her gaze, and unfold the airplane.

I know.

I can feel a smile overtaking my face. I deliberately turn my back to her, and write another message.

You know you love me.

Another airplane thrown, and another sent back to me.

Do I know that? Yes, yes I do.

I look up from her last message, and memories flood through me.

Her kindness to me, at that elephant ice cream place, when I didn't return or deserve it.

The talk on the sky tram, opening up farther than I had in years.

The sense of odd betrayal at that press conference, even though I'd known her for only two days.

The relief I'd felt when she came back, with a different solution to the case, and the anger that dissolved as soon as she apologized.

The pride in her eyes when I'd graduated from the Academy.

The countless moments of banter, seriousness and friendship since that day, and the feeling of rightness she always brings to me.

Her purple eyes glitter as I carefully stand and walk to her. I take her warm paws in mine, and crouch so that she has to look down into my eyes.

__________________________________

His paws cover mine, thumbs gently rubbing my knuckles.

"Are you sure? I know what I am, and you know what you are. There are so many problems we have to face if we walk down this road. You can tell me if you don't want us to be anything but friends, and he can go back to the way we were. I'll understand." His green eyes, so often playful are deadly serious.

I stare at him defiantly. "Of course I'm sure, furball!" My whisper shout fills the room. "I love you, and you'd better be prepared for that. The real question is, are YOU sure?" I remove one of my paws, ball it, and sock him lightly on the chest.

He laughed lightly. "Of course I'm sure. I've been thinking about this for weeks."

I raise my eyebrows, feeling bold. "Well?"

He cocks his head to one side.
"Well what?"

"Are you gonna kiss me or not?"