Armageddon.

(Note: Jacks POVS will be getting fewer. Take note.)

Thoughts battle for dominance in my head. Finnick. Lies. Jack. Judy.

There's a low vibration, but I put it down to Judy's bad driving.

In later days, I'd look back on that day as the last time my world made sense. At least a little. Judy, Finnick and I. We knew our place, our concerns were trivial, and the worst thing that could happen was that Judy was hurt. Or taken from me.

We went to the station, Judy ranted to Clawhauser for a little while, Leona reappeared and started gabbing away with Ben.

Life made sense.

There was still a vibration, but it was easily ignored. I don't know if everyone else noticed it, but Judy tells me that she heard it.

It's not like Armageddon happens everyday, and it was ignored.

I went home that night, the taste of Judy's kiss still on my lips. At that moment, I was perfectly content with my life. Jack Savage or no Jack Savage.

I woke up, headed to work. It was a beautiful, sunny day, with a stiff wind blowing to keep it from roasting.

The vibration had gotten stronger, there was now a steady hum.

I put it down to a malfunctioning radio.

At work, drinking coffee with my donut, smiling at Judy, working on a theft of a stolen purse. Ignoring Savages glare.

At about three thirty, my world split apart.

The first thing was that steady, ignored vibration suddenly spiked and became a roar of sound and terror. Judy was one of those most affected, her sharp hearing took the blow harshly. She passed out, and, even in the confusion, I managed to catch her. I'd sworn to myself that I'd do everything I could to save her from every hurt.

That promise cost me so much.

The ground itself started trembling, and the temperature sunk like a rock.

We, all the officers, receptionists, CSI's, and trainees, were on the ground trying not to get hurt.

Something about the world shaking itself to bits puts things into perspective.

"Where's Finnick?" I yell, but no one answers. Probably because no one can hear me.

I look around desperately. Despite what happened earlier, he's my friend, and it seems like a pretty good idea to hang on to my friends right now.

He's been bounced around the room, and is currently snoozing in a corner, oblivious.

For a moment, I was jealous.