The Ride

Judy's practically jumping up and down in her seat.

I smirk, the expression coming naturally. "Whoa, Carrots. Who's this Savage guy you're so excited about?"

She gasps at my words, horrified. "YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF JACK SAVAGE?" Her tone reminds me of the bunny I tricked into wet concrete eighteen months ago. Hopping mad, and wanting an explanation. Pun intended.

I shrug. "No. Not really. What's so great about him?" I know that the mdcalmer I am, the more infuriated she'll become.

"He's only the FIRST ZSS rabbit agent! He's saved countless lives, defeated the highest members if the worst gangs, and goes on the awesomest missions. I can't believe he's coming here! And that we'll be working with him!" I stare at her. She rarely gets this excited about anything besides police work.

She blushes, the skin inside her ears turning pink. "I'm sorry you had to see that. Fangirling."

I tease her. "I didn't know YOU were a fangirl. Who's your biggest OTP? Don't tell me it involves Savage?" I flick her ear playfully, keeping my eyes on the road. Unlike somebunnies, I try to not hit anything. She tugs on my tail, and just quietly stares at the road.

Man, I love her. I've been in love with her for a while now, and working with her is a pleasure. Being her best friend is better. I think being her boyfriend would be best. But not now. I'm don't deserve her love yet. She makes me want to be a better mammal. And by Obmuj, I will be one. For her.

~~•~~

Nicks eyebrows are wrinkled. It's always adorable when they do that, even though he's in deep thought. I wonder what he's thinking about....

"Hey, Nick?"

He startles, gripping the wheel tighter. "Yeah Carrot Juice?"

"Do you think Jack will be friendly?"

He lets out a short growl. "He'd better. Or I'll let him meet some FRIENDS of mine. I hate stuck up prissy pants."

I wrinkle my nose. "Prissy pants?"

His ear flicks. "Didn't have time to think up anything better. Don't judge."

"Don't tell me what to do!" I say, mock outrage. "This is Zootopia! I can be a judge if I want. Can't you just imagine me with a gavel?"

"Actually, no. Oh. Looks like we're here." Nick says, peering at the parking lot that Bogo's turning into. "Looks like we beat him. You ready, Carrots?" He parks and turns to me, still buckled.

I slug his arm. "Lets go."