Who's Savage?

"Wilde. Hopps. See me after assignments." Bogo says, glaring at me. Yep. Still mad.

Judy and I nod. Bogo doing this usually means a special case. We got a lot of publicity after our first case, and the rich and influential request us for their bodyguards and for solving their robberies and murders. The rich are ALWAYS getting robbed or stabbed in the back. Bogo doesn't always agree to the missions, but at times his hoof is twisted behind his back.

I grin, rubbing my paw pads together. Rich means big bonuses. I may not be a hustler, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate raises when I get them.

"Stop it." Judy whispers out of the corner of her mouth. Stop drooling over money you haven't even earned yet."

I ruffle the grey fur on top of her head. "Aww, Carrots. Can't I have a little fun?"

Her purple eyes roll. "Just don't be so obvious about it. Fangmeyer's watching."

I glance over my shoulder to see Fangmeyer eyeing the distance between Judy and I in our chair. So what if we share a chair? We're the smallest mammals, AND partners. Ol' Fangs over there should mind his own business. Swinton's been practically throwing herself at his head.

Judy and I have become close lately. But just as friends.

Not that I would mind...

~~•~~

Nicks eyes have glazed over, so he doesn't notice when Bogo motions us down the hall to his office. Chief continues down the hall, not bothering to wait for us.

I shake his arm. "Nick. We gotta go. What are you doing?"

He gives his head a shake and smiles down at me, green eyes sparkling. "Oh, just thinking."

I take out my phone and exaggerate typing something down. He notices.

"What are YOU doing?"

"Writing down the date, time, and place of this miraculous event. Way to use your grey matter.

He pouts. "C'mon, Carrots. That was below the belt. By the way, you still owe me coffee."

"We'll get while we're going to wherever we're going."

"We'd better."