Please, Don't!

"Why, Finnick? Do you need money? I can help you get a job somewhere." Even I can hear the pleading in my own voice as I try to save one of my best friends since forever.

He shrugs. He's infuriatingly nonchalant over this whole messy business. "It's too late now, Nicky. I have to keep moving forward.

I growl lowly in frustration, and look pleadingly over at Judy. "He won't budge an inch." I say sadly, even though she's already heard everything.

"Just keep him focused away from you." She whispered back. "I have a plan."

That makes me feel a little better, but I'm not going to let her know that, of course. "Now I'm even more worried."

She glares at me threateningly. "Just keep him occupied, Wilde."

"Yes ma'am." A little more hopeful, I turn back to Finnick.

"Where were you last night? And where did you get those guns?" I demand.

All he does is shrug.

"Who's your partner we just darted?"

Shrug.

"What-"

A sound soundly cuts me off. Whoosh-pop.

A red dart appears in Finnicks sandy fur. A tranq.

Judy carefully registers her gun. "There we go. All done. Are you guys alright?" She walked over to the hostages and crouched down to their eye level. They weren't getting up.

"We're fine." A male says gruffly, and a female at his side chimes in. "Thank you."

Judy stands and offers them a paw. "Just doing my job. Let's go get you guys checked out by the paramedics."

The female takes her paw and lets Judy pull her up, and the others quickly stand as well. They're acting strange. Probably traumatized. Or in shock. The med team will sort them out.

I holster my gun and look over at Finnick, who's softly snoring. He looks even tinier when he's fast asleep.

I pick him up and lay him on one shoulder, and trail after Judy and the hostages. On the way out, I see a pretty grey wolf laying on the ground with a tranq in her arm.

Finnicks accomplice.

We walk out, deliver the former hostages into the paramedics care, and report back to Bogo and Savage.

"Well done, all of you." He addresses both of the teams.

Jack spins around in an office chair that he found somewhere. I wish I had thought of that when I was on comms duty.

He starts clapping, eyes on Judy.