A Phone Call.

Bbbbrrriiiiinnnnnngggg! Bbbbrrriiiiinnnnnngggg!
I had KNOWN it was a bad idea to deliberately pick the most annoying ringtone. No more excuse to roll over and sleep, ignoring the call.

I open my eyes, blearily. I pick up the phone and yawn.

"Yes? This is Nick Wilde. Savage? There's a hostage situation? Again? I'll be right there."

I hang up, and get out of bed, my motions practiced and calm. I have a couple of these situations under my belt, and I've learned that haste makes waste.

I grab a uniform from the drawer. Weird. I didn't have to go pick up Finnick. He must've found somewhere else to crash. He's a big boy, and can take care of himself.

My phone rings again. Judy. I answer it quickly.

"Morning, love. Sleep well?" I answer, quickly buttoning up my shirt with on paw.

"No time! Did you get the call from the ZPD?" Her voice is excited, and I brush off a small barb of hurt. Work comes first when there's lives at stake.

"Yes. I'm heading out the door right now," I say, stepping over the threshold. "Do you need a ride?"

"No, I'm already there," I hear voices besides hers coming through. "Listen, I've got to go. See you when you get here!" She hung up.

I grin. She's going into her hyper bunny mode. It might sound like she's brushing me off, but I know that there's enough caffeine running through her bloodstream to give a water buffalo a heart attack.

I quickly get in the car and make a beeline for the ZPD.

I jog in the doors to see a hustle and bustle of officers. And Judy.

She runs full speed towards me, grabs my paw, and starts tugging on my paw, leading me into the biggest throng of mammals. "C'mon, c'mon! We have to bring you up to date."

"Relax fluff. I'm coming, I'm coming. Nice to see you, too." I let her tug me over to Chief Bogo, Savage, and Leana, one of the other officers of the ZPD. She's small, grey with darker grey and white markings on her face and chin. She's unassuming, staying to the fringe of any conversation, but she's amazing with strategy, making her a valuable part of the department.

She waves at me a bit awkwardly, the light catching on a white bracelet around her wrist.

Bogo grunts.

"Hey, guys. What'd I miss?" Can't forget the smirk.