Little Toy Guns

Psst. Author here. Anyone get the reference from above? Hmm? Anyone else listen to Carrie Underwood? Alright, I'll leave.

Time skip to next day

__________________________________

The officers are all lined up, feet shoulder width apart, guns in their hands. I get out my pocket watch, wait for the minute hand, and raise a hand. And let it drop. "Go!"

The muffled sound of gunshots erupting from the muzzles of guns makes me glad I wore ear protection. Especially with my ears being a foot long. I would have lost my hearing for a week, at least. It happened a lot back at the Academy. You'd see animals wincing at every sound while their ears were raw and sensitive.

I, of course, had always known better.

As the last rounds ring out, I peer at the targets. As I thought. Predators, especially those known to have keener eyesight, have done better. Our wild gifts help us, and here, and almost anything else violent, predators had a advantage.

That didn't stop me from becoming the head of my class. It helps if you don't think about what they have going FOR them, but against them. Tailor your strengths to their weaknesses.

Judy had a surprisingly good score, rabbits, as I well knew, despite eating tons of carrots, did not have especially good eyesight. Not terrible, either.

I'd looked over everyone's files last night. She was noted to spend extra hours training. That was probably the reason for her accuracy.

The rhino operatives- sorry, officers, had to use custom made scopes. Blind as bats.

Officer Wilde hit the target most consistently, getting all but two in the inner circle, and three in the bulls-eye.

I grin. This is going to be an interesting year, despite my doubts.

Sorry guys. I wrote this as a going-away present to you guys, but I'm afraid it's a little short. More of a filler. I might delete it. Peace!