Nick Wilde.

My smile falters for a moment before I bolster it back up. For some reason, the way he says it makes me think of the team I abandoned for this assignment. "Yes. I am. Congratulations on graduating from the Academy. Your work on the night howler case was unorthodox, but effective. Big fan."

I notice that he's exaggerating the height difference between us. A well practiced smirk is playing across his red-furred face. I step back and face Chief Bogo once more.

My cheeks are starting to burn from the smile. "So. When do we start?"

~~•~~

I ride with Bogo back to the station, with Wilde and Judy trailing behind. He's silent, which I don't mind. I never did violently like chatter boxes.

We arrive at the station, and head to the training facility on the roof. It's basically a giant field. I can work with this.

My mind immediately starts forming a schedule. Hand to hand today. Marksmanship tomorrow. So forth, so on.

All the officers are lined up, giving me a view of broad shoulders and athletic bodies. At least Bogo keeps his mammals in shape. Darir would probably love this guy.

"Hello, officers." I've changed into less inhibiting clothes, workout pants and shirt. I fold my paws behind my back. "My name is Jack Savage. Some of you may have heard of me. But for those that haven't, I am a agent of the Zootopia Secret Service. The ZSS. I was sent here on a assignment to whip you into shape for more delicate missions. Mayor Lipnheart himself will be inspecting you every now and again.

"You have been chosen to become part of an elite unit. If you do not perform, we will return you to your usual duties. So. Who's ready to begin?"
I smile, stopping my pacing. Gauging their mood, I find myself slightly surprised. Not a one seems to be questioning me. Usually, there is at least one smart guy who makes a joke about lupines.

Then I see Judy Hopps at the end of the row, next to Wilde. Ah. She's probably hammered respect into these animals.

I wouldn't expect any less of her.