Meet Cute

"Good. You two made it without totaling the car. Great." Bogo huffed.
I felt that was a bit mean. Carrots was the one who'd wrecked the last one.

We all stand together, and wait for our guest in the rain.

Apparently, Jack Savage is coming to teach the finer points of marksmanship, and hand to hand combat. And lead some of our more delicate missions.

Personally, I don't care for the thought of a secret agent coming over her and thinking he's better than us. But I'll give the guy a chance. I once knew what it was like to be judged before I even opened my mouth. Though, to be fair, mammals usually hated me MORE after I started talking. Weird. I'm such a charismatic guy.

A black limousine pulls up, parks, and sits there for a moment.

Bogo grunts. "Finally. Took him long enough."

The door opens, and a tall (for a bunny) rabbit steps out. He's wearing a dark suit, and a blue tie. His fur is bone-white, with unusual, black, tiger-like stripes. Overall, he looks competent. But I bet I could take him. Maybe.

Okay! Probably not, but did HE solve the night howler case? I thought not.

Savage strides over, and extends his paw to Bogo. "Hello, sir. Are you Chief Bogo?

~~•~~

Chief shook his paw. "Yes. And you must be Mr. Savage. We've heard a great deal about you and your skills at the ZPD." Rainwater drips off his horns, but he doesn't seem to notice.

Savage gives him an easy grin. "Greatly exaggerated, I'm sure. Who is your escort?" His accent is refined and friendly, just how I'd always imagined.

I thrust my paw forward. "Officer Judy Hopps. First rabbit officer. It's a pleasure to meet, you sir. You were my inspiration."

His smile does nothing but grow, and he firmly shakes my hand. "Judy Hopps. I've heard of you! The ZSS talked of nothing else for six months after you solved your case. There was even talk of inviting you to become an agent. And I believe you've inspired your fair share of animals." I smile up at him. He's tall for a rabbit, but not uncomfortably so.

"Thank you, sir."

"Call me Jack." He steps past me, releasing my hand. I hadn't realized that he'd still had it.

"You must be Nicholas Wilde, Judy's partner." Jack shakes Nicks hand.

Nick smirks down at him, exaggerating his own height. He loves to do that to the vertically challenged, like yours truly. "Yes. And you're the famous Jack Savage. ZSS agent?"