four

Jungkook p.o.v

time is measured,

--

An excited Jimin sat beside me, rambling on the latest discovery in medical science.

I wasn't understanding a word he was saying, but I still took in the plump shape of his lips. I think I stared at them a bit too long because Jimin snapped his fingers in front of me.

"Hey, were you even listening?" He asked.

"No." I truthfully said.

"How come?" He giggled cutely.

I shifted from one side to another, debating how to tell him.

Because I was too busy staring at your lips, wondering how it would feel to have them on my own.

"Lips," I sheepishly whispered and looked away.

Jimin's eyes lit up and leaned closer.

What about them, his eyes seem to tease. He leaned close enough for me to smell his aftershave.

After he realised I wouldn't tell, he took my hand and led me to his office. It was my first time being there, taking in the space where Jimin practically lived in.

Cups of coffee, most empty, and research papers strewn across the desk and on the floor.
Dozens of pictures lined the light blue walls of his office, most of them being of different kinds of flowers, like cherry blossoms.

"I really like your photographs, especially the cherry blossoms." I commented to his back.

He turned around with a sheepish grin on his face and ran a hand through his soft hair.

"What is it, Jimin?" I asked in a teasing tone with a grin highlighting my face. Jimin rarely looked shy, except when he'd bring his hands up to mouth when he'd laugh loudly.

"I know you like them."

I cocked my head to one side. I never told Jimin they were my favourite.

"Because your scent is exactly like them." He said while bringing one hand to cover his lips slightly.

I myself was fighting a warmth that was creeping along my cheeks.

While Jimin shuffled around, trying to clean up the mess,
I sat down and cracked my knuckles. While doing so, my eyes caught a black, spined notebook on his desk. I picked it up and examined its title.

Words

I flipped open the pages and saw pages and pages of random words with its definitions.

In a recent list, Timberlands was one of them. I looked at the definition of them;

Jungkook's favourite kind of shoes, (especially the brown ones)

I looked beneath them to see a glued photograph he'd taken of them.

I turned the page and my eyes rested upon another word; love.

My heart hammered, waiting to read the definition. But instead, it had a note of the many other words love reminded him of.

Love;
warmth, cherry blossoms, Timberlands, art, coffee, scars, colour,

And then;

Jungkook.

My starry eyes shifted to Jimin who was still trying to clean up the messy office while running his hands through his hair, sighing.
I didn't know what to say so I kept staring at the page, feeling more and more butterflies in my chest.

I traced my finger along the words, wondering what day he sat in this very chair, what time it was, what I had done or said that made him decide that I;

Jeon Jungkook reminds him of love.

I heard a sharp intake of breath and saw a wide eyed Jimin looking a bit embarrassed.

I felt flustered, realising I had just invaded his privacy.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to! I won't do it ag--"

"It's okay," he smiled. He pulled up a chair beside mine and sat down.

The heat of his body being so close made me want to rip the sleeves of my shirt, just so I could feel his arms against mine.

"I've had a weak memory for a long time, so I write down words that I really like or seem important. It helps to exercise my brain. I am growing old, sadly." He put on a fake pout and I smiled.

He reached across the desk, touching my fingers and leaving shivers in my chest, to grab a black fountain pen.

He quietly took the notebook and quickly scrawled something on a fresh page.

While looking at me, he softly shifted the notebook closer to me, waiting for my reaction.

In messy, quick writing;

what's your favourite word?

Without even having to rack my brain for one, I took the pen from his hand and carefully wrote with my heart in my hand;

Jimin.

His eyes widened and he looked tenderly at me, as if to confirm what I wrote was true.

I nodded, anticipating his response to my next question.

I took the notebook once again and scribbled;

how about you?

He smiled and wrote;

love, because that one word describes all of you.

He knew I had seen his previous writings and he didn't mind.

With his soft breathing and sweet eyes,

I wanted him so badly. Underneath the photographs of roses and cherry blossoms and trilliums,

the room lit only by a faint glow from the lamp, still enough to paint his face with youthfulness and dewiness,

I wanted to touch him, forgetting about the dangers of falling in love once again.
Because that's what Jimin did to me. He didn't make me forget that there is no such thing as pain in the world.

He gave me the hope in facing it.

He must've seen the change in my expression, one that finally yelled touch me because he leaned closer and whispered in my ear,

"You're beautiful,"

And just as I was about to whisper the same,

he shifted his lips closer and,

kissed my cheek.

He pulled away and I must've looked excessively embarrassed because he thought I didn't like it.

"Oh, I--I apolo--"

No. Don't apologize.

So I kissed my two fingers and placed them upon his soft lips, letting them pause there for heartbeat longer.

"Thank you." I whispered.

--

in our heartbeats.