forty seven

Third p.o.v

we'll always

--

The flowers dot the ground, seas of them along the fluttering green grass, shifting and dancing in waves as the wind kisses the earth and the sky in one single breath.

Jungkook spreads his arms and falls back into the earth, the stems and petals of flowers lulling him softly and carrying him into sweet, silent bliss. His hair flutters gently as the wind grazes along the strands and the ends of his eyelashes which kiss his pale cheeks. 

He opens his eyes and sees the grey sky upheld onto the wings that the earth lends to its beloved, its horizon. 

The sky is losing colour, it seems. 

The younger breathes the misty air and lets his fingers graze the sea of thousands of flowers that never seem to end. He doesn't know where he is, doesn't know where this secure and calm place is located and hidden - all he knows, as he opens his eyes and sees a figure walking towards him, it is heaven.

The figure walks closer and Jungkook can recognize that sweet scent anywhere as the wind shifts and whispers to the human of belonging.

"Jimin. . ."

The waves of grass still shift, but when Jimin lies down with Jungkook, instead of being buoyed up, Jungkook feels like he's drowning. Jungkook watches him for a moment before lying down again next to him, fingers lacing, and they both can breathe again. They squeeze each other's hands and close their eyes and let the wind kiss them, desperately, and they let it cling to their cheeks, lips, the lashes on their lidded eyes. 

Jimin smiles at the wide eyed boy whom slowly gets up and shifts to get a better look at the older's beauty. His pretty face looks vibrant with life and they are adorned with the most prettiest colours that never seem to fade on that face of a canvas. 

And Jungkook is afraid, so afraid that suddenly the sky becomes darker and the wind no longer feels gentle, but instead pricks at the younger's face and the flowers, oh the poor sea of flowers and all their reds and blues and pinks become dull with their petals that gently start falling off. 

They know. They can feel the fear that resonates throughout the younger's body. The whisper that suddenly escapes his lips, the whispered words that is on his lips and everyone else's lips except the older's own,

"you're dying. . ."

Jimin looks at his beloved's face and slowly gets up, fingers grazing the dead petals and dull colour of the grass, as he gently tugs on Jungkook's shirt and they both are now sitting, looking at the horizon in the distance that suddenly doesn't seem peaceful with its infinity, but fearful with its unknown.

"Aren't we all?" Jimin asks him.

Jungkook doesn't meet his eyes as the fear of witnessing a tomorrow where his beloved no longer grazes time together with him makes the organ in his chest pump out a sad song that courses throughout his veins - and the flowers know, the grass knows, the sky knows.

"Jungkook, we're all dying. Some just are at a faster rate than others."

Jimin smiles and flips onto his side, hand resting in his chin as he stares into the surprised eyes of the younger as he plucks a blue flower and tucks it behind his ears. The older tugs at a long strand of grass, twisting the lightness, the nothingness between his fingers as he watches the green colour drain and dull furthermore.