forty six

Third p.o.v

what does

--

Days went by and Jungkook couldn't forget the words he had read two weeks ago.

Couldn't forget them as Jimin would hum to himself while colouring a book of bunnies and puppies.

Couldn't forget them as Jimin smiled shyly when the younger's would graze his fingers when handing him the TV remote.

Couldn't forget them as Jimin exhaled on the car's window and watched in awe as the fog would rise and he would trace a heart with his finger.

Couldn't forget them as Jungkook would wake up from nightmares and pray that Jimin wouldn't hear him crying in the living room at 3 AM.

Couldn't forget them as Jungkook would check on Jimin for the seventh time each night and silently walk in his bedroom, kissing him softly on the forehead.

Couldn't forget them as Jimin waved at his caretaker when Yoongi would take him to the hospital for a mandatory CT scan of his brain.

Couldn't forget them as Jimin buried his face in his hands out of frustration because he couldn't remember how to tie his shoelaces and Jungkook would quietly tie them for him.

Couldn't forget them when Jimin almost walked out the door dressed in nothing but shorts and Jungkook had to practically drag the older in because he forgot to dress.

Couldn't forget them when it was raining outside and Jimin ran away from Jungkook, despite Jungkook chasing him and begging him to come back. But the older soon stopped and pointed up at the rainy sky, at the never ending rainbow, at the colours he wanted to touch but couldn't.

Couldn't forget them as Jimin spoke less and less each day, and used more hand gestures and sounds than words because Jungkook wouldn't catch on what the older was trying to say.

Couldn't forget them, especially the day Jimin had awoken from a nightmare and crawled in the sofa Jungkook was resting in, and asked him, "love?"

Jungkook had caught on what Jimin was asking, he was asking, 'what's love?'

The younger didn't know what the older had witnessed in his nightmare to curiously ask him at 5 AM with his bed ruffled hair.

And without answering his question, Jungkook wrapped his arms around him and held him,

hoping that the older didn't witness the tears in his eyes.

It was already December 6th and Jungkook wondered why it hadn't snowed already.

The weather was deliriously cold and his arms would shiver if he wasn't wearing full sleeves of some kind.

Snow had always come by late November where they lived, but this year reminded him of the time when it had snowed late as well.

Two years ago; when Jeon Jungkook had awoken to a life that Park Jimin wasn't a part of.

But this year, Jungkook hoped, that he would at least be able to be in the presence of the older and watch the first snow cascade outside their window together.

A loud crash interrupted his thoughts and he raced to the kitchen to find broken glass surrounding Jimin's feet.

"Don't move!"

As Jungkook sweeped up the broken glass with a broom, Jimin watched the broad shoulders of his caretaker. He stared at the arms which still bulged through his shirt and couldn't believe that they looked so strong.

He wanted to touch them.

Jungkook felt a warm hand rest on his arm and he froze. He turned his head to see a Jimin with parted lips staring at it.

"S-str--"

Jimin whispered.

"Strong." Jungkook finished his word for him.

Jimin nodded and smiled. But it soon faltered when he felt a sting on his finger and looked down at it to see a faint trickle of blood running down.

Jungkook noticed and freaked out, banging his hand on the wall beside him.

"Uh okay, r-remain calm, Jimin."

But Jimin was calm as he watched the male in front of him with racing eyes try to figure out what to do.

Without another thought, Jungkook took Jimin's finger and softly placed it inside his own mouth, gently sucking the blood that Jimin was weirdly fascinated by.

Once the bleeding stopped and Jungkook's face stopped blushing, Jimin blinked at the older.

Jimin felt warm on the inside and he gulped when he felt heat pooling in his cheeks. He licked his lips and felt himself gravitate towards the attractive male, tipping Jungkook's chin closer, and leaning in.

Jungkook moaned as he felt his lips being taken by the older, feeling Jimin's hips pressing into his.

Although the kiss was a bit sloppy at first, Jimin soon got the feel of it and snaked his tongue across Jungkook's lower lip.

Jungkook automatically parted his lips farther and groaned in pleasure as Jimin's tongue dominated the cavern of his sweet and moist mouth.

Jimin felt pure ecstasy washing over him as he took control and teased the boy in front of him with his tongue in his mouth.

They both soon pulled apart to see each other wide eyed and panting, quickly in taking more oxygen.

But the moment of intense and lustful stares they directed at each other was broken when the phone rang,

and Jimin quickly blinked and looked around him,

letting Jungkook realise that the older had already forgotten what they had done a minute ago,

as he heard Jimin walk to the living room and fiddle with random books,

leaving Jungkook slide down against the wall and bury his head in between his knees, wishing that he had never met the beautiful and breathtaking Park Jimin.

Because the younger knew that no matter how many times they would have met in different lifetimes,

Jungkook would inevitably fall in love with Jimin,

and fate would inevitably fuck everything up.

--

love mean?