thirty four

Jimin p.o.v

do you,

--

When writing certain words, some have special consideration.

Take 'God' for example.

Whether it's in holy books or across billboards, each time it's written, it has a capital 'G.'

But it makes me wonder, why doesn't, say, 'heaven' have a capital 'H' or 'angel' have a capital 'A?'

I mean, it's God whom has ultimately created heaven and angels Himself. So why not deem the same kind of importance to his creations?

We can't.

Because if we gave a capital 'H' to 'heaven' or a capital 'A' to 'angel', then we'd have to give 'human' a capital H as well.

We won't.

Humans are indeed His creations, but the most spontaneous of his creations. The most unworthy and immoral, the ones who can't understand that love is more important than greed.
And to give humans the same importance as heaven or angels, then we might as well not give God himself any importance. Because God was the One who created such horrible people,

right?

"Jimin?"

I looked up to see a male with bed-ridden brown hair and drowsy eyes, steaming mug in one hand and the other drumming along the hem of his shirt.

wrong.

"W-would you like some coffee?"

There was no way God created such horrible people. Because after centuries and generations of others, He created you. You, who could never ever be horrible.

I nodded and took the mug from his hands, eyes immediately darting to the darkness beneath his eyes.

He still stood in front of my bed, looking unsure whether to sit or leave.

"You know, you can sit down. I don't bite."

He sat down beside me.

"As much."

His eyes widened at my remark and I almost spewed out my coffee. He was pretty different. Different from the doctors who'd look at me during appointments. Different from the gazes of strangers when I'd ask them if they could lead me back to the entrance of the store because me, a male in his late twenties, was lost.

I wasn't stupid. I knew what life meant. I knew what love meant. I just needed a reminder of what it was sometimes.

And looking at Jungkook sitting beside me, why did I feel as if, perhaps God may have sent him to me, with these feelings of familiarity he makes me feel, to just remind me once in a while what life was.

Or love was.

The scalding liquid hit my throat and I coughed erratically into the mug.

I felt a hand pat me on the back and I saw him biting his lower lip with an upturned mouth, eyes crinkled in amusement.

"A-are you laughing at me?!"

The secret smile of his had now widened into a grin and I felt my anger melt away slowly.

"Sorry, Jimin." He ducked his head although I could see his big cheeks pinked from the side.

"Whatever," I grumbled, although feeling a bit satisfied I was able to make him laugh.

I looked around at my bedroom. My calendar was taped on top of a desk displaying today's date. It was still morning and the sunlight creeped through my window to the pictures on the walls.

Apparently I loved flowers.

Seeing the numerous photographs of flowers all over the walls made me smile. They were pretty, but they all looked like they were from the same location. It appeared as if most of them were blue and pink petals captured.

I stood up and walked over for a closer look at them. My fingers traced along the flowers, trying to remember its name. But like always, I couldn't.

"Ah, do you know what these are called?" I asked with my back turned to Jungkook.

After a shifting and footsteps stepping closer to me, I heard him ask,

"the blue ones or the pink ones?"

"Both."

"The blue ones's are called Forget Me Nots," he shifted closer to me so I could feel his gaze deep and his chest pressed close to my arm resting at my side.

"And the pink one's are," he leaned closer and I looked at him without turning my head, seeing the way his eyes questioned me.

He smelled nice,

he smelled good,

Like pink,

pale pink,

like Autumn's wind,

like pink in the wind,

like pink petals in the wind.

My mind felt that strange tickle and my chest as well. I looked back at the pink flower's photograph and back at him.

It started out slow.

And then it became faster as it spread throughout my nerves.

The feeling, that is.

I closed my eyes and saw a figure with his back turned to me plaster in my mind.

With his straight, dark hair and his face brought up to the sky. Something pink was falling down, like rain, slowly, and it kissed his face as they continued to fall. I looked down at myself holding a, a forget me not, and walking closer to the figure. There was a something heavy hanging around my neck. A camera.

It felt so real, as if it had happened in the past somewhere. The flowers, the pinkness, the breeze, the figure.

I opened my eyes and saw Jungkook waiting silently. The same scent of his filled me and I felt my tongue forming the words which were sent to me by my heart;

"cherry blossoms."

He slowly exhaled and nodded.

So when he stepped back and said that he was going to get my favourite cookies, I felt myself unloose on the inside and a strange pit was forming at the bottom of me and my head hurt from the pain which was drumming on the top of my skull.

I never told him what my favourite cookies were.

So when the pain worsened and my throat ached for water and when the emotional overwhelm hit me that this person, this man, was perhaps someone who knew more about me than I knew myself.

So when my body hit the ground and when the waves of shocking pain tremor throughout my head and the room spun and my tongue failed to call out,

I forgot your name,

but couldn't forget your face,

that came back,

and panicked,

and whispered

and worried,

but I,

I didn't forget,

couldn't forget,

that

scent.

--

know me?