twenty six

Jimin p.o.v

I'll carry you, 

--

My mind was craving asylum. All around me, trees were stripped of their leaves and grass was already dying. 

I needed colour.

I thought of him who'd brought colour into my life, but he too was gone. So I walked blindly, not caring where I'd end up. I'd told Yoongi to leave me alone as I needed to lose myself in hope of finding myself again. 

I shivered against the cold wind, breathing into my pale hands. The sun was starting to set and the thought of getting lost in the dark no longer frightened me.

I walked along the sidewalk, looking up every now and then in hopes of seeing vibrant coloured flowers and green speckled grass. But to my dismay, it was all dull. I kicked the empty can of coke in front of me. But I must've hit it too hard because the next thing I heard was a loud clang against metal. 

I looked up to see myself standing in front of closed, iron gates. But what was even more spectacular were the beautiful flowers which were behind it. I was shocked to see flowers, although very few, alive in such a close call to winter's snow. I thought the gate was locked, but when I budged it, it swung slowly open. 

I walked in and a thought suddenly hit me.

I remember this place. Memories seemed to remind me of the past expenditure which had brought me here. I closed my eyes, thanking the stars. 

my camera,

his sketch pad, 

cherry blossoms,

rain,

forget me nots,

Jungkook. 

I opened my eyes to see him.  

I blinked quickly, wondering if this was just a memory. But instead of the warm breeze of autumn, came the cold crispness of the winter evening. 

There he was, lying in the middle of a bundle of grass, hair gently rising and settling against his forehead. The sun had nearly settled by now, giving his face a purple glow as I stepped closer, forgetting the crunching of remaining flowers underneath me. 

He must've heard because he flinched and the slow careful rising of his chest had now stopped in attention. 

But he cheated on you, Jimin.  

But still, I told myself.  

And I walked to where he was lying and sat down beside him. He immediately put on an expression of bewilderment soon replaced by hurt. Why was he looking so hurt? He was the one who betrayed me.

We existed beside each other in silence, watching the sun set behind the tall trees which still bloomed with cherry blossoms. Although they were on the brink of death, at least they were there, faint enough for their scent to travel through my nose. Petals flew and rained down, softness and sweetness kissing my cheeks before they travelled elsewhere.

"You guys kissed."

I looked over at Jungkook who was watching me with a look of pure hurt. 

"I saw you two. I-I was going to find you, but seems as if you'd already found someone else," he spat. His fingers curled around the grass and he refused to lift his head off the ground.

Anger enveloped me as well. 

"Well you were the one who was desperate in the arms of that guy in the studio, Jungkook." I bitterly said. 

Jungkook sat up immediately and scoffed. 

"He was confessing to me! But I was the one who rejected him and told him that I was already in love with you! But no, you go and start making out with another guy!" He yelled. 

"Yoongi was confessing to me as well, okay?! I never knew he was going to kiss me, Jeon Jungkook!"

God, I was pissed. Can't he see that he's the only one I've ever loved?

"And what the fuck did you say, huh?!"

"I didn't say I was in love with you!"

Jungkook's eyes widened and his lips parted.

"Are you fuc--"

"I said I am in love with you."

He immediately closed his mouth and his big beautiful eyes looked at me tenderly. He tried to speak again, but couldn't and lied back down in the grass. His face stared back up at the sky, cheeks reddening. I lied down beside him, refusing to look at him until he shifted closer to me and I shifted closer to him and his fingers found mine and mine found his and together we looked as the sun finally went to sleep.

The night illuminated our foggy breaths as they travelled in the air. I finally looked at Jungkook, breath hitching as I caught him leaning in, lips magnetically coming together, wanting to taste a mixture of heaven's magic and hell's fire.  

"We should get back," I whispered as we pulled apart and stood up again. 

"Jung-"

My words stopped as I saw him swaying with a pained expression. I grabbed a hold of his arm.

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I frantically asked him. 

His eyes closed and he let himself go in my hold. I felt his breathing slow as he rested unconsciously against my shoulders. 

I need to get him to the hospital.

In the quiet night where not even a single car whizzed by, I carried Jungkook, trying with my remaining strength to get there as fast as I could before God knows what would happen to him. 

I tried to run as fast as I could, fear coursing through me if I'd drop him or forget my way. But with my heart in my throat and my lover's in my hand, at least for once, fate didn't let me down.

--

 when you fall.