Chapter 3 ~ "That was the girliest scream I've ever heard, Collins"

*Dedicated to jazzyjasmine912 for my wonderful new cover! and also to the other people who tried- I'll be usng those as side banners :) Thankyou !

Chapter 3 ~ "That was the girliest scream I've ever heard, Collins"

Not edited

*

During the ride to Rose's house, Jake noticed that she was tense. She looked extremely uncomfortable, shifting in her seat.

So he decided to break the silence,

"Why were you in school so late?" He asked, looking both ways before pressing down on the gas petal, crossing the intersection. Rose seemed to relax a little,

"Detention"

"With?"

"Ms. Old teacher lady" Jake burst out laughing, who the hell was that? Rose  scowled and looked out the window.

Was he laughing at her? He better not be 'cause she wouldnt hesitate and break his face-even if he was driving.

"Who the hell is that?" Jake managed to choke out after his laughter died. Rose shrugged,

"I dunno, my english teacher" Rose said, shrugging her shoulders. Outside, the clouds seemed to get even darker if that was even possible. She looked at Jake before asking "How about you?Why were you at school so late?" 

"Football" He answered. She nodded and settled back in her seat. The rest of the ride was silent and when Jake was about 10 minutes a way from her house, rain poured.

It was all of a suden which caused Jake's eyes to widen as he tried to see through the windshield. Rose breath hitched in her throat when she felt the car swivle left.

"Jake!" The rain was falling even harder as Jake tried to see. He gripped the steering wheel and turned towards the side of the road and as quickly as he could he braked. 

The car was silent as they both let out a breath, while Jake ran a hand through his hair. Thunder cackled and he saw Rose flinch.

"You alright there baby girl?" He asked. She stiffly nodded,

"You almost killed me, Collins" A knock on Rose's window caused her to whip her head onto the road. There stood an Old man, probably in his late forties. He had a big belly and his fist were knocking on the window.

Rose moved as far away from the window as she could while Jake rolled the window down,

"May I help you sir?" Jake asked. Jake noticed the badge he was wearing.

Oh great a cop, he thought.

"You kids alright?" He asked. His voice was rough and croaky and Jake almost didnt hear him through the rain.

"Yea"

"You guy's are going to have to stay at a near by hotel, these streets are to dangerous to drive" Rose's eyes widened. No she couldnt stay at a hotel, she had to go home. She cleared her throat,

"Sorry but I have to go home," She told him sternly. He raised and eyebrow,

"Did you not just hear me, sweetheart? These streets are dangerous. One step forwards and your gone" She gritted her teeth. Sweetheart. The fuck did this old man think he was? 

"No did you not hear me, I got a family to get home to and I'm sure as hell not going go because Mr. Donuthole here said so" She glared at him.

If he wanted nick names, she'll give him nicknames. The cop's jaw tightened,

"I'm a cop"

"and I dont care," She snorted. She turned back to Jake propping her legs up on the dashboard,