Chapter 15 ~ "I care for you guys."

"Duck."

"Duck." Jace said out loud as he walked around the two teenagers. Rose and Jake were sitting criss cross apple sauce infront of one another as Jace went around them patting their heads.

"Jace can you hurry up. You've been going around for like 20 minutes. Arent you dizzy?" Rose complained. It was getting dark out and having her little brother out this late frightened her. Everyone was already gone, but Jace just didn't want to leave.

"Sh Rosie! I have to focus, I don't know who to pick!" Jace replied and continued his game of duck duck goose. Jake laughed at Rose's pained expression.

"Stop being such a baby." He said,sticking his tongue out.

Rose narrowed her eyes at him. She opened her mouth to say something in reply but a hard pat on her head made her groan.

"Goose!" Her litle brother yelled, and took off towards the swings.

Rose's eyes widened and she scrambled off the ground before taking off towards her brother.

"Jace wait! You're supposed to chase around the circle!"

She heard her brothers bubbly laugh as he turned the corner and Rose's pace immeadiatley picked up.

"Jace!"

Whe she turned the corner herself she saw her little brother standing infront of a large man. She quickly panicked and grabbed her brother by the arm, pulling him towards her.

Her eyes trailed the man's body. He was wearing over sized clothes. A huge yellow jacket and a scarf covered his face. Rose's hand tightened on her brother as she pulled him behind her.

"No Rosie, this is my friend!"

She turned towards her annoyed brother. She kneeled down infront of him.

"Jace, you don't talk to strangers, and you don't run away from me, ever. Did I make myself clear?" Rose warned her brother.

Jace let out an annoyed breath.

"This is my friend Rosie. He isn't a stranger!"

"He is not your friend Jace!" She harshly whispered. "You don't know him."

Jace ripped his arm from her tight grasp, causing a gasp to escape her lips.

What was wrong with him?

He walked towards the slumped guy and stood infront of him.

"This," he pointed with his index finger, "is Jeff. He is my friend."

Rose furrowed her eyebrows at her brother. He stood his ground infront of the weird man.

What was wrong with her brother? Was he insane?

"Jace," She said through gritted teeth. "Get over here. I don't give a flying pineapple if he's your friend or not. You do not leave my side to talk to people I don't even know!"

"But I know him!"

"That's not the point!"

"I know him! He's my friend! We always talk and his name is Jeff!"

"Get over here, Jace. You can't just run away in the middle of the night!"

Jace rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Can you stop being so drama-queeny? I know what I'm doing. For the 49th time. He's my friend!"

Rose narrowed her eyes at her brother.