Chapter 13 ~ "Are you warm now, Idiot?"

* [sorry for the shortness...again] *[Have you read The Fault in Our Stars?]

    Chapter 13 ~ "Are you warm now, idiot?"

*

"Don't." Rose said. She stood on her door step while Jake stood in front of her. His face dropped.

"I wasn't --" Jake began, but she just simply put her hand up to stop him.

"Just please don't talk about it, okay?" She asked him. She was tense. It was late; probably about 12 am.

He looked down and kicked a pebble.

"Okay"

A long silence followed.

"Thanks for doing that." Rose mumbled, breaking the silence.

"You know I'll do anything for you Baby Girl."

"Don't go cheesy on me Collins," He laughed, looking up at her with his green eyes.

"What are you going to do then?" He asked, curiously. Rose raised an eyebrow.

"About..."

"You know about your um- your mom." Jake cringed as he imagined her getting angry at him. You never knew when Rose would blow up; she just did.

So when she sighed and leaned the back of her head on the door and looked up at the sky, it surprised him.

"I don't know. I can't really do anything without knowing why the hell he fired her. We don't have--" She widened her eyes as she almost spilled the fact that they had no money to Jake.

Genius, she thought.

"You don't have ..."

"Nevermind."

Jake didn't know why he didn't just leave. It was like she was magnet and he just couldn't detach himself from her.

I'm in serious trouble with this girl, he thought.

He had never left his house, ever, for a girl.

Nevermind the fact that he was still in just his boxers and a t-shirt.

He didn't know if what he felt for her was real; hell he barely knew what feelings felt like. But seeing her looking up at the sky, her black hair falling over her shoulders, he couldn't help but feel the goddamn butterflies in his stomach.

He saw Rose raise an eyebrow and he groaned at how much of a turn on that was.

"Why are you looking at me?"

"If I tell you, you'll probably punch me"

She smiled her gorgeous smile and rolled her eyes,

"Aren't you tired?" She asked.

"Are you?"

"No"

"Then no, I'm not tired." Jake smiled at her as she scoffed.

"You're wearing boxers and a T-shirt. You must be freezing." She told him. She was mentally debating wether to invite him in or not. She didn't want him to stay any longer because she was feeling something.

Something weird.

It scared the fuck out of her how much she trusted him.

What the hell happened to not trusting anyone because they all left?

"Are you going to warm me up Baby Girl?" He asked, stepping closer to her.

Rose laughed, "How am I supposed to do that?"