Chapter 17~"I would like to get to the party today guys, please and thank you."

Chapter 17~ " I would like to get to the party today guys, please and thank you."

Rose's POV

"Well hot fucking damn."

I smiled a bit and shook the butterfly feeling out of my stomach. I didn't even know where that came from. Susan rolled her eyes and stepped forward to place her hands on Jake's eyes.

"Stop raping her with your eyes you weirdo." She said. I cringed at her wording and decided it was best if I didn't get defensive over it, today was supposed to be a fun night.

Jake grumbled something under his breath and snatched her hands from his face. He opened the doors for us, Susan walking in first.

Jake being a Gentleman. Holy shit someone take a picture.

I raised an eyebrow at Susan when she opened the back door instead.

"Taylor what are you doing?"

"Not taking your seat." She turned to wink at me. I shook my head and laughed.

I stepped into my seat as Jake held the door open for me. He grinned and grabbed me by the waist before I got the chance to sit.

He's lucky I trust him or I would've punched his face in.

"You look gorgeous Baby Girl." He roughly whispered.

"Thanks." I turned my head and sucked in a breath. His face was close to mine, his breath fanning my face.

A little smile formed on his face when he saw my expression. I connected my brown eyes with his gorgeous green ones for a second before he bent lower.

Oh fucking shit.

Why was I letting him do this? Three months ago I would've had him in a headlock. But now, I didn't want to move away. Don't ask me why, because I have no fucking clue.

A huge honk made me jump, bumping my head on the car. Jake groaned and I whipped my head to face Susan who was smiling mischievously.

"I would like to get to the party today guys, please and thank you."

Jake flipped her off and I giggled.

"Fuck you Taylor!" He slammed the door shut as Susan said: "Right back at ya!"

* * * *

We had arrived at the party about 4 minutes ago. Keith's house was huge. I could hear music blasting from the inside of the house. Susan had gone in right after we got here, but Jake and I stayed in the car.

Outside of Keith's house there was a bunch of people playing beer pong and I scowled and looked away.

I hated alcohol.

"Okay so here's the deal; you have to pretend you're my girlfriend okay?"

I whipped my head to face him.

"Your what?" I spat.

"Girlfriend."

"And why the hell would I do that?"

"Because if you don't, all these girls are going to want to hook up with me and I'm already a one woman man." He explained. My eyes widened a bit as he said this. Jake had a girlfriend ? I clenched my jaw.

"So then why didn't you bring your woman, Jake?" I gritted out. I didn't know why I was so angry, but I was. I hated the fact that I thought he was fucking interested in me because he clearly isn't.

What a waste of time.

Why the hell does my heart hurt? I'm not interested in him, I don't give a shit.

My thoughts were a mother effing mess.

"What the hell are you talking about?" He actually looked genuinely confused. He should stop trying to act stupid. I opened my door and jumped out.

"Stop faking shit. You know what I'm talking about."

I began to walk in the house. I was fuming. All these feelings of betrayal and hurt were just rushing through me without permission.

This is why I don't get close to people. It doesn't give them the right to hurt me because I hate being weak. But I stupidly let Jake in.

I felt a hand latch onto my forearm and pull me back. My hand swung, but Jake dodged it.

People were looking at us now, not like I gave a shit. They were whispering shit and pointing.

"Rose, why are you mad? What are you talking about dammit!" He exclaimed. He threw his hands in the air and I almost flinched, thinking he was going to hit me.

I straightened my back and stepped close to him, tilting my chin up just a bit, since I was a bit taller with these heels.

"You said you were a one woman man."

"Yeah I said that."

"Then where the fuck is your woman? I'm not going to be imposing as your fucking girlfriend when you already have one! What do you expect me to be, the fucking rebound whore?"I spat.

Suddenly, everything seemed to click for him. And he burst out laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him and clenched my fist.

Fucking asshole.

"Fuck you Jake." My voice was strained. I didn't want it to hurt, but it did. It hurt like a bitch.

I turned around again, only to have his arms wrap around me and pull me back. My body turned to face him and I scowled and punched his chest.

"Let me go!"

"You're so stupid, Rose."

"Thanks, I love hearing compliments from assholes." He chuckled and pulled me closer. What the hell didn't he understand.

"I didn't mean I had another woman, Rose." I froze.

"What?" I breathed out. Holy crap. My heart began to race and I mentally scolded it for being such a sissy.

Get a grip, Rose.

"I meant, I was a one woman man. That woman was you."

You know those cliché fireworks and shit that explode in your stomach in stupid romance books?

Time those by one thousand and that's exactly what I was feeling in my stomach.

Stupid Collins.

* * *

A/N: was this their first ever argument? Rose is so jealous omfg.

I reached 16k reads... :O and almost 700 votes :)

Voteeee and commeeentt.

Thanks for reading, I love you - Amy ❤

Check out: Perfectly Imperfect

P.S: the party will continue lol. This was just mostly Rose's thoughts and how she's changing.