Chapter 14 ~ "Look Rosie my friend is here!"

"Damn that booty though"

"Shut the fuck up!" Rose harshly whispered. She swung her hand back and slapped Jake upside the head.

"Ouch baby girl I didn't know you liked it rough." Jake smirked as he heard Rose groan.

They were currently hiding behind a bush- Rose infront and Jake behind her. They were squatted in an uncomfortable position which caused Rose's behind to be very close to Jake, hense the booty comment.

"Collins I swear to-"

"Sh!" She was interrupted by Jake's rough hand on her mouth. She rolled her brown eyes and watched at what Jake was pointing at. Cassidy stood there as a man approached her.

Rose squinted to get a better look at the guy but gave up when he gave his back to her. Great, she thought sarcastically. Jake removed his hand and stayed shut as the conversation began.

"What the hell is this?" They heard the man say. Rose couldn't help but think she had heard that voice before. Cassidy just shrugged and picked at her nails.

"He told me he doesn't need it. What he needs is more, if you want him to keep up the good work." Cassidy said.

"More? But he has barely done shit."

"Don't tell me about it. I don't really care."

The man grunted. Rose was getting tired in this squatted position. She didn't even know what the hell they were talking about. How the hell does this relate to anything? She just needs to know why her mom was fired.

Needing to rest her knees, she shifted and leaned against Jake.

"I knew you couldn't resist me." He whispered. Rose shuddered and slapped his knee.

"Shut up."

The conversation between the mysterious man and Cassidy continued.

"What about you? How are you doing?" The man asked Cassidy. She groaned,

"Terrible. I don't know what else to freaking do."

The man leaned over and began to talk in a hush tone, causing Jake and Rose to not hear a peep.

"Great." Jake said.

"Let's just go, it doesn't look like this relates to anything." Rose shrugged.

"I think it does. Somehow in a twisted way I think we can find out why your mom was fired and why he attacked us that night."

Rose sighed. She was tired. Tired of all the interviews she went to. Tired of all the no's. Tired of fighting for her family. Tired of trying to figure everything out- even if she wasn't by herself this time. Tired of being tired.

"Baby girl?" Jake spoke, snapping her out of her trance. Rose shifted so that her behind wasn't awkwardly touching Jake. She looked up at his green eyes that she had got so accustomed to.

"I'm tired Collins." She simply said. She saw Jake's eyes soften as he pulled her closer.

"No, don't say that Rose. You can't give up. You have to keep going. For you, your mom and Jace. You're all they have." He told her. She nodded and stood up brushing her knees.

"I know," she mumbled. Jake stood up and glanced at where these and Cassidy were- they were gone now. An Idea popped in his head as he brushed off his knees. He wrapped his arms around Rose's small one, crushing her against him.

He chuckled when Rose groaned. "Oh god, not this again."

"Are you feeling better baby girl?"

Rose snorted. "Oh yea totally."