Chapter 12 ~ "Get behind me, Baby Girl"

*Not edited.

Chapter 12 ~ "Get behind me, Baby Girl"

*

"I don't know what we're doing," Jake said to her, pulling her along the diner. "But I'm with you, okay?"

She nodded, avoiding the looks the men were giving her. They disgusted her. To them she was fresh meat.

"Hey boy!" They turned there heads to face a tattooed man. He had a lip piercing and judging by all his wrinkles, Rose could only guess he was the same age as everyone else.

"What are you and..." He stopped mid sentence to trail his eyes down her body, "Pretty Lady doing here?"

Rose scowled, "I'm here to see your boss" She said, straightening her back. She wasn't going to cower down. No.

The man chuckled, "Are you trying to seem intimidating, Pretty Lady?"

"Just let me speak to your boss old man,"

"Feisty, I like that" Rose groaned and rubbed her temples.

"You're like a hundred years old dude, just tell me where he is," She said, loosing her patience.

Jake snickered behind her as the man cocked his head to the right.

"Down the hall, first door to your right."

* * *

"Why'd you fire her?" Was the first thing that blurted out of Rose's mouth. She wasn't there to fight around the bush. She glanced over at Jake who was giving her a puzzled look. Of course Jake didn't know what was going on.

And even though she really didn't want him to, it's not like she had a choice.

There was a man sitting behind a desk. His back was towards her, his black mess of a hair visible.

"I don't know who you are,' He said, his voice rough and deep. Rose saw a puff of smoke come from him and she narrowed her eyes.

"I'm Rose Torres; Stacy Stone's daughter," She slipped her hand from Jake's and stepped forwards, "I'm not here to waste time, Mr whatever the fuck your name is. So if you could kindly explain to me why the hell you fired my mom-"

"I do what I want, Little girl," Another breath of smoke. "I felt like firing your mom so," He shrugged, "That's what I did"

Red. That's exactly what Rose was seeing. She was so close to Clawing his eyes out, she had to take a deep breath to contain herself. She didn't give a flying damn who messed with her; but not with her family.

Hell no.

She tightened her fist and marched around the desk; facing the man. He was smirking; like if it was the most hilarious thing ever. A cigarate hung from his lips as he eyes the brunnete.

"Well aren't you a pretty one?"

"Give my mom her job back" Rose snapped. The man cocked his head to the side, "And why would I want to do that?"

"You clearly have no fucking reason to fire her in the first place" Rose tried but the man just chuckled. Rose's heart sunk. She had no other reason to force this man to give her mom her job back. She was going to let her family down.

"Maybe I do little girl. I mean, she wasn't the best waitress we had out there. Our customers like fine and fresh meat; like you for example." He grinned as Rose sucked in a sharp breath. "Your mom is kind of ageing, don't you think?' He spoke, causing her to shoot him a glare.