First Day in a Familiar Setting [Part Three]

Heading into town was pretty straight forward, from the property it was pretty much a straight drive along the main road.

Carol guided me to the centre of town and after finding a park, we jumped out and Carol led the way to the few shops we needed to stop in too. Along the way she introduced me to a few people, their names turned into a blur but I knew I would be able to at least recognise them if I saw them again.

Heading back to the car to drop off the bags we had accumulated, I smiled at the uniqueness of the town, the centre of the town was pretty small, you could walk from one side of the town centre to the other in under 15 minutes.

'We're going to do a lunch run for everyone back at the stables' Carol said, reaching up to close the cover of the ute. 'There will be some new people once we get back, we are going to have some casual stable hands this summer to help with the horses, and getting them ready for the lessons'

I nodded in response, at least there was going to be a lot of people to help out David and Carol I thought, I really wanted their business to work out , they were both such loving people and just wanted to help people learn something and for people to have fun.

We headed over to a cute little cafe on the corner of the main road, I followed Carol inside and listened as she rambled off an order to the older lady working behind the counter.

'We almost have a full house right now' Carol laughed finishing off the order, before turning to me, 'What would you like Alex?'

I headed over to looked at the menu sitting on the counter, 'Just a Chicken sandwich with avocado is fine' I smiled up at the lady writing everything down. I heard the ringing of the front door bell and noticed two women come and and walk up to Carol.

'Hey Carol, how are you?' the taller one said, before turning to look at me 'Who's this?'

'Oh Tanya this is Alexandria, my niece I was telling you about' Carol said, 'Alex this is Tanya and her daughter Elisa, she comes for a lesson once a week'

Both of them seemed to look me up and down before Elisa spoke up, 'you own the new dapple grey at the stables?'

I looked confused for a few moments Moonglow...Simba I thought, maybe she had seen me compete before, or watched a video on YouTube? My thoughts were interrupted when Elisa spoke again,

'He looked like he was in such great shape yesterday when they were working him out in the yard'

Carol stepped in at that point, 'Well our order is ready to go, I'll see you next week for your lesson Elisa'' then turned to grab the box filled with our order, before guiding me out of the cafe.

I started walking ahead of Carol, needing some space from the situation I was currently in, what did that girl mean? Maybe she meant another horse, I mean someone had bought Moonglow. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the keys, jumping into the driver's seat.

I turned around to face Carol as she jumped into the passenger seat, she set the box of food between us, and turned to face me as well.

'Whats going on?' I asked, not sure I wanted to hear her reply.

'Moonglow is back down at the stables' she hesitantly replied.' we got him transported down here for the summer'

'What? Why is he here, He was meant to be out of my life' I said, slamming my hand down on the steering wheel, getting frustrated.

'He thought it might help, once he heard you were coming down here for the summer to help out' Carol said, leaning over to touch my shoulder.'We're only trying to help you Alexandria'

'David got him transported down here?' I questioned her.

'David organised the move, but it was Sebastian's idea' Carol said, 'he thought once you got here and saw him you would realise what you had done, that you would have missed him'

Why would Sebastian want to get involved in my drama's? He had mentioned he knew what it was like to give up everything in a haste decision, but I was a complete stranger to him, and yet he wanted to help me?

'Carol I do miss him, but I can't keep him, I made my choice, my parents accepted that, I was finally starting to feel comfortable with my decision' I said, starting to ramble, my mind was racing again, I was going to have to see Moonglow again now, something I thought I was never going to do again.

I sighed,and turned to face the steering wheel,starting the engine, 'Let's go back, don't want the food getting cold', turning out of the car park and heading back to the stables.

-------------------------------

We walked into the communal kitchen, and I saw everyone sitting down at the table in the middle of the room,not wanting to have to deal with everyone, I turned to leave .

I didn't noticed the person in the middle of the doorway so bumped into them, I turned to look up, and realised it was Sebastian, as he reached out to steady me.

I pulled out of his embrace straight away, leaving the kitchen I stormed over to the office and slammed the door shut before throwing myself down on the old couch that sat against the wall.

My mind was racing again, and my hands were slightly trembling, I leaned against the couch, and then heard the door creak open, I didn't bother looking up, thinking it was going to be Carol or Dean. I heard them take the few steps to the couch, placing my sandwich down

'Thought you at least might be hungry'

I looked up and saw those blue eyes, the ones that made me feel so much more then I wanted too,'Not so hungry right now' shaking my head

He came and sat down next to me on the couch, 'Carol told me you know'

I nodded, what was I meant to do, I had made my decision, and now I was going to be forced to deal with him again.

'It was my idea to bring him down, you can be mad at me if you want' he said, placing his hand on my shoulder to turn me to face him, 'Lex, I know you have had a tough for months, but I only want to help you'

My heart fluttered at his words, 'Why would you want to help me?'

'I turned my back on my own horse a few years ago, I've regretted it ever since' he sighed, looking down at his knees, 'I made a haste decision, gave up everything I had worked for, I don't want you to regret your decision'

I placed my hands on his shoulder, 'Thank you, but I don't know if I can even ride again'

He looked back up at me, 'Alex, I know it's tough, but you have talent, David told you've trained every day since you were 12 pretty much'

I nodded,'Yep but for the first time when I rode him a few weeks ago, I had a panic attack, everythings changed for me'

'Let me help you' Sebastian pleadingly said.

'I don't think I can go back to competing, I still see it in my head everyday' I said, realising he was the first person I was being 100% honest with.

'No one said anything about going back to competing' he said, resting his hands on my knee, 'But maybe we can work together and get you back in the saddle'

I nodded, realising I had started smiling at the thought of riding again, 'Thank you'

'Don't thank me just yet' he smirked, placing his arm around my shoulder.

I leaned into his embrace, noticing my heart had stopped racing, we sat there for a few minutes, before we both leaned forward and started eating our sandwiches, we were in our own little world for now.

--------------------

Thanks so reading again everyone!! Would love to hear some feedback you if you are willing to leave a comment, it would mean so much to me.

Thanks again everyone

XDancingTillFlamesX