Second Day with a Brighter Future [Part Two]

Sebastian left after making me promise I would go and see Moonglow again this morning after our meeting with David, I nodded in agreement before turning to start working on the schedules for the summer. David had already left me a list of the classes that would be running and the types of activities they were planning.

I started off with creating a running sheet with a list of all the horses, and I would get Sebastian or Rebecca to help me confirm what levels all the horses could cope with before we paired them up with a rider.

I turned when I heard the door open, David was walking in with Rebecca behind him,

'I've started writing up some of the schedules, but I need you to let me know what horses suit what riders before we can keep going' I said, holding the piece of paper out for either of them to take.

'I can do that for you' Rebecca leaned over to take the paper and then grabbed a pen from the desk, 'Most of them are able to be used by any level rider, but some of them we need to be careful with over usage, particularly the few jumpers we have'

I nodded listening to what she was saying, 'Which ones are the jumpers again?'

'Wally, Dusty, Bolt is a pretty good jumper for the more advance riders, and then the others except for Jett can be used for anyone' Rebecca said, nodding to herself as she was reading the list in her hand, and making some notes on the paper.

'Then we have the ponies for the junior riders, but we are going to be getting them to share ponies, especially for the morning sessions,' David added in taking a seat on the couch.

'Ok, we're going to be open 5 days a week right?' I asked trying to work out the timing and schedules in my head, to try and ensure everyone got the correct rest and breaks over the holidays.

-------------------------------------

The three of us sat in the office huddle around the Diary and then the computer trying to organise the class list and then what coaches were going to be taking what classes.

Rebecca and Sebastian already had a few private clients that would be slotted in, as well as their usual group lessons. David and Carol would be taking some of the summer camps, and then the other helpers at the centre would already be helping take care of the kids during the sessions.

Carol and Sebastian walked in, and came to sit down in the office, whilst David filled them in on what had been decided, Rebecca and I went through some of the finer details.

I was going to help them out with the sessions when possible, but it was decided for now with everything going on I was going to maintain the role of office lady, helping to ensure sessions ran on time and to help with the payment plans for the clients. I was happy with that agreement, I could take my time getting use to it all again, but I would still be contributing to the running of the business.

I looked down at my watch as Carol spoke to all of us, looking at the paperwork on the desk, 'So now that most of this is done, why don't we go and start working the horses, Eric and Matt are working on sorting out the gear in the tack room for now, '

We all stood up, stretching before heading out, I grabbed my phone from the desk, and then followed everyone out.

I looked over to Sebastian and saw him with his arms wrapped around Rebecca as they walked over to the tack room, he was leaning down to whisper something in her ear and she laughed at him, before swatting him away. My heart seemed to flip and I turned to walk towards Carol and David who were getting one of the horses from the stall.

'You guys seem to have everything under control, maybe I could stay here and start typing everything up for the run sheets for next week' I said turning to look at them both, hoping I could stay away from riding at least for now, and I needed some sort of distraction.

David looked at Carol sighing, 'you're more then welcome to come and join us , we're only going to to head out to the arena, or out to the trails' David said, not wanting to push me.

Nodding in response, 'Thanks I can start the paperwork at least for now and then maybe this afternoon I'll tag along for the trails?'

'Sounds like a plan then Alex' Carol said, turning to tack up the gelding David was holding.

They both agreed, and I turned to head back to the office. I swung open the door, and sat down on the chair, flipping open the laptop, I flicked through the paperwork, before I settled in and started typing up our agreed schedule for the classes.

I heard footsteps come up behind me, then felt his hands turn the chair around, stopping me from typing, my eyes look up at his stare, as he held out a riding helmet,

'What are you doing?' He asked, 'we have to exercise the horses, and you're helping

I shook my head,'I'm getting a head start on the office stuff' trying to use that as an excuse for me to avoid riding right now.

He leaned out and grabbed both my hands, pulling me toward him to stand up, 'small steps remember our deal' he smirked at me.Looking me up and down, 'besides if you weren't planning on riding you wouldn't have worn you're riding gear'

I bit my lip at his comment, he was paying so much attention to me, and it made me feel sort of happy that he seemed to care. I reached out to grab the helmet from his hands, 'Ok fine, but not in the arena ok?'

He smiled at me turning to leave, making sure I was following him, he grabbed the reigns to a beautiful paint gelding, 'This here is Comanche, your noble steed for this mornings trail' handing the reigns to me, 'need a leg up?'

I nodded walking over to the left side, he came up behind me and helped me up into the saddle, my heart started racing, and I seemed to tense up slightly.

Sebastian noticed and rested his hand on my leg, looking up at me, 'just breathe ok, we can go as slow as we want too' he said, reminding me to not pressure myself, I nodded taking a few deep breathes as he mounted his own horse.

He started off taking the lead as we headed out of the stables, and down the laneway, following the pathway to the back of the arena's, I looked over and saw David and Carol working two horses, the scene made me smile, making me remember the countless hours I had put in training various horses over the years.

Sebastian turned to face me, 'how are you going?'

I looked up at him, nudging Comache to walk a little faster so I could catch up with Sebastian. 'I'm going ok but my heart is racing again and my mind is running through some thoughts'

'It's ok, it's normal, don't think badly about yourself, you're doing really well, look at yourself you're back on a horse, you're actually riding, don't pressure yourself, don't think you should be able to jump on and be riding like you were a few months back' he said, giving me a reassuring smile.

I nodded listening to what he was saying, looking out at the trails coming up, 'we have about an hour till we're meant to be back'

Sebastian looked at his watch, 'Let's go hit the trails then' before taking off into the forest.

-------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you think so far, obviously Sebastian isn't going out with Rebecca, but I think they are both pretty close friends, So i'm going to play around with their friendship too.

XDancingTillFlamesX