First Day of Camps- Part One

Thanks everyone for sticking around, sorry for the delay of updating, things have been crazy on my end for a few weeks.

Hope you like this small update :)

*********************************************************************

I glared at the screen in front of me trying to make sense of everything written down, the commotion outside the office was providing a distraction, and the current state of the office after the meeting was also annoying me, whilst my mind kept replaying over last nights dinner date with Sebastian. I tapped a few more times on the keyboard, searching the file, before deciding to just ask David once he was finished with his orientation session with our new students for the first week of camp.

I decided to file away the rest of the signed forms which had been filled out earlier as the kids arrived, whilst my mind replayed my first kiss over and over again.

We had lost ourselves in each other, we ended up sitting on the deck till almost midnight, chatting and just enjoying each others company. He had insisted on walking me back across the property, claiming it was just common courtesy, but the whole way back to the main house, we held hands, and as we reached the stairs of the porch he pulled me closer toward him to give me a quick goodbye kiss.

We hadn't really discussed what we were, but I didn't want to also my naive and just assume we were already a couple. I knew we had a connection, and it wasn't just because we had gotten caught up in our emotions as he opened up to me about his past.

I was yet to have some alone time with Sebastian, we had opted out of a morning session today due to camps starting. At the staff meeting this morning, neither of us could stop looking at the other and smiling and I'm sure it wasn't missed by Carol who would probably be questioning me later on.

I turned around hearing the office door open up, seeing Sebastian walking in holding a bridle in one hand, whilst he was flipping through a few sheets of information in regards to his riders for the day.

'Hey' I said, trying my best to sound as casual as possible, as he walked closer toward me. I could sense he was about to say something when Carol walked into the office, glancing between the two of us.

'I wasn't interrupting something was I' she asked, her voice sound slightly amused.

Our eyes met and we both internally sighed, 'nope, what can I help you with' I said taking a step back and looking over at her as she shuffled through the paperwork she was also gazing over to get some more information of her group of students for the session.

I saw her glance between us before she responded, 'Was hoping you could possibly help us out with getting the kids introduced to their horses for today, cause we all have to also show them how to tack them up''

I nodded along, sure what would be better than teaching 10 kids how to get their horse ready when all they would want to do is jump straight on I thought, as I heard her drop the papers onto my desk, I glanced over toward Sebastian, his stare not yet leaving me, as I sighed, realising I would have to wait till lunchtime to talk with him without prying ears hopefully.

'Rachel and Jackson were bringing in the rest of the horses and getting them prepared for the first session wasn't she?' I asked, remembering the morning meeting as we delegated the various jobs for the morning. I heard David still talking to the kids in regards to safety around the horses and what to expect after today.

'Yep, I was going to show the kids as a group first and then they can break off into their smaller groups to work together to groom and tack up before we get them ready to ride' Carol said, facing us, 'We can use Walle to show them, I put him down in one of the stalls, if you want to grab him Sebastian, me and Alex can grab the gear, then swap with David once he is done' she said, walking over towards the door of the office.

I felt Sebastian reach over to take my hand in his, as he pulled me around to face him, ' you think she has already picked up whats going on' he whispered leaning over to kiss the top of my head, I nodded feeling him pull me closer toward him,

'I think she chose the wrong career path to follow' I laughed, to be honest it wouldn't have been that hard to work out things had developed between us. I stepped back from the embrace, 'come on, we still have a job to do as much as I want to stay here and hide away from the squealing children'

I heard him chuckle as my comment, 'Come on, kids aren't that terrible are they? Besides all these kids want to be around horses'

I shook my head at his comment and turned to leave the office, knowing Carol would be waiting for me across the hallway in the tack room. Sebastian followed me outside and then turned away heading down the corridor to grab our demonstration horse.

----------------------------------------------------

I held my hand out, stroking Walles cheek, Carol was just going through the final stages of tacking up a horse, and he was starting to become agitated with being around so many children, who understandingly with excitement kept calling out answers to Carols questions. He has been standing still for almost 40 minutes, so I offered him some praise and reassurance, as Carol reached up to adjust the saddle pad and show the children how to tighten the girth.

'Good boy' I said, looking up into his eyes, holding on to his halter to make sure he wouldn't turn around to try and bite Carol, as she tightened the girth,

'So there you go, that's how to groom and place the saddle on your horses and ponies, now for the safety of you guys and our horses we aren't going to let you guys put on the bridle for now, all our horses are different, but some of them can start to get a little annoyed with that part of the tacking up process' Carol said, stepping away from Walle, after giving him a quick pat.

'Now let's break off into our groups and you can all work together to start getting your horses ready for our morning session' Carol said, reaching down to grab the grooming kit she had just used. 'You can take him down to his stall, just tie him up for now and loosen the girth for me' she said turning to face me for a second till her attention was diverted to the students in her group who has quickly approached her once everyone else has separated into their groups.

I glanced over at Sebastian, seeing him crouch down so he was level with his group of kids, doing his best to answer all of their questions, he showed to much patience with everything he did, I smiled as I walked out of the stable hallway, leading Walle back to is stall for now.

Walking back to the group I spent a few moments with Moonglow to check up on him, offering him a head scratch, I laughed at myself as my mind played over everything that happened over the course of a few months, and now things seemed to fall a little more in place, I knew things would still be tough on our road to recovery for everyone involved.