Crazy Saturdays

I was trying to catch up with the paperwork from the mornings riding classes, there had been some last minute changes to classes and then some horse changes for the clients. David,Rebecca and Sebastian had all been teaching back to back lessons since 8am this morning, so I hadn't had much of a chance to see Sebastian since last night.

I sat down at the desk to check over the lesson schedule for the afternoon, everyone would have an hour and half break from 12.30pm, which was in about an hour from now. I pulled out my phone to text Carol,wanting to know what she was up to with her lessons.

I decided I would go into town and do the lunch ran for everyone, so I grabbed my sunglasses and the pad of paper thumbtacked to the wall that had everyone's orders written down. I quickly texted Carol letting her know I was running into town for the order, and that I would be back by the time everyone was due on break.

Driving into town I started working out my own personal schedule in my head,tapping on the steering wheel, I was going to working in the office, helping with the schedules and then helping on some of the days to get the horses ready, whilst also completing my online courses for the summer. Then I also had to fit in spending time with Moonglow and when Sebastian was free , we would be working on me riding him again.

I pulled into the car park and walked down to the little cafe Carole had shown me earlier in the week, placing the order I took a seat in one of the booths, flicking through one of the newspapers sitting on the table. I was reading an article about one of the local businesses when I noticed someone approach the booth.

'Hey, mind if I take a seat' they asked gesturing to the seat opposite me. I shook my head as they took a seat, they asked 'Are you new around ?'

'Yeah,I'm helping my Aunt and uncle out for the summer' I replied, looking up at who was talking to me, they were probably about mid 30's with blonde hair and blue eyes.

They smiled at me, 'oh that's really nice of you, what are you helping them with?' he asked.

'They run Green Meadow Equestrian centre, I came down for the summer to help them run their summer classes' I said, looking over to see if the order was ready yet.

'Oh so you're a horse rider then too?' he asked, with a slight smirk.

' yeah I am, well I use to, it's kind of complicated' I said, running my hands through my hair so he wouldn't notice I was trembling slightly.

I was about to continue when I was interrupted by someone at the counter saying my order was ready. I stood up to go, 'that's my order, I said, turning to look at him again, realising we hadn't introduced ourselves. 'It's Alexandria'

'Oh yeah, sorry where are my manners' he said, standing up holding his hand out, 'My names Chris'

I shook his hand, realising how warm he felt against my hand, and then turned to grab the order, but when I got to the counter I realised he was standing directly behind me,

'You're Alexandria Mikaelson aren't you?' he asked, letting his eyes roam up and down my body and then back up to my face as I turned to face him.

'Yeah I am' I said cautiously, and he took a step towards me.

'I'm sorry about happened to you and your horse,' He said reaching out to touch my upper arm.'Such a shame to see it happen to two of the best' he added, staring down into my eyes.

I was about to turn away, when he stopped me, 'I'm a complete stranger and I get it, but, here if you need anything' he said, pulling out a card with his details on it, I snatched it and popped it into my pocket.